By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1 available for $350 in the US this holiday season & $50 slashed off every bundle (starts Nov 2nd)

Desperate but a good decision none the less. They're smart to recognise that this holiday is the their best chance of gaining momentum and offsetting the tides, by fall 2015 the peoples choice will definitely be set in stone. They've got the stronger holiday line up for this year, best to maximise on this opportunity as sony is going to turn up their side of the competition heavily next year.

Around the Network

This ain't good news for the Wii U, that's for sure.

So they slashed 150$ in less than a year...
Desperate times call for drastic measures I guess.

Shadow1980 said:
Expect Sony to follow suit in 3, 2, 1...

They dont need to fall to such desperate measures yet.

Kane1389 said:
Shadow1980 said:

And they can't as they have to make money off the PS brand and for this they need to keep a "high" price to also make profit off the console itself. Their "desperation" is that there is no price cut.

Around the Network
3sexty said:
Moyu said:
Desperate times.

I would not call this desperate. Microsoft just made billions of dollars in just one quarter and they can afford to take these measures for remaining competitive. Good on them. They mean business. Conversely if they were losing billions and had to do this then we could call them desparate. 

How'd that business model work out for the Zune?

spemanig said:
This ain't good news for the Wii U, that's for sure.

Not unless nintendo make their own deal before its too late. Im expecting both Nintendo and Sony to make a deal for the holidays, its just how soon it would be and how good the deal would be

walsufnir said:
Kane1389 said:
Shadow1980 said:

And they can't as they have to make money off the PS brand and for this they need to keep a "high" price to also make profit off the console itself. Their "desperation" is that there is no price cut.

Not really, even back in PS2 days it took them about  1.5 years for the first price cut and they were swimmng in cash back then. 

Why lower the price and reduce the revenue when you're already crushing your competition combined? Nintendo also didnt slash the Wii price for quite some time as well

MohammadBadir said:

So they slashed 150$ in less than a year...
Desperate times call for drastic measures I guess.

two different skus

they slashed 50 bucks and throw away one free game

but it worked for them. all guys think they alreay cut the price by 150 bucks

eFKac said:
Hmm MS must be losing a lot of money on every Xbone sold. Constant promotions, price cuts, free games.
Heh guess they're lucky it doesn't sell that much.

Hopefully Sony doesn't counter, profits are more important to them than market share.

I don't know about "losing a lot f money", I mean nothing can really be as bad as the PS3 osing $280 on every console even when selling them at $600. If sony could brave that then MS can definately do this. And this is what they need to do.

I have always felt that becase of how quickly the PS4 pulled ahead that this would be PS2/XB pricing wars all over again. Sony will match it. Cause what you are missing is that market share = profits. And sony had already indicated that they were more interested n growing their market shae than they were making a profit on every box sold. 

What all this means is that by this time next year you would be able to buy a PS4/XB1 for under$250. Really good for the industry if you ask me.