Pikachu 9 8.41%

Marth 16 14.95%

Peach 7 6.54%

Donkey Kong 12 11.21%

Yoshi 14 13.08%

Wii Fit Trainer 8 7.48%

Kirby 10 9.35%

Total:107

A shame that Peach's took such a hit in quality, but the initial prototype was probably the most intricately and cleanly detailed of the bunch from my perspective. Everyone else seems about the same quality-wise compared to their prototypes, awkward supports notwithstanding. Most comparisons are just showing final Peach vs. her prototype, and Link with his yellow support, and that gives a bad impression of the whole lot, unfortunately.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Experimental42 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Edit: I also noticed all these amiibos have the smash symbol on the base, are these specific amiibos only gonna work with Smash and you have to buy seperate amiibos of the same characters to work in Mario Kart?

All amiibos will work on all games, but game specific amiibos make have extra benefits for their specific games.

When was this said? From what I've been hearing they'll only work with games they appear in that support Amiibo, so a Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo will do nothing with Mario Kart 8, and a Mario Amiibo will do nothing with Mario Party Island Tour.

Ah, let me rephrase. All amiibos will work with games that their specific character appears in.

As far as where amiibos being cross-game, that was the entire purpose behind the amiibo since they aren't currently designing an amiibo only game.

Here's a source though I hesitate to give such a piece of sh*t site any sort of traffic and would prefer you took my words at face value: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/19/5823978/amiibo-nintendo-e3-interview

DKay said:

That artwork looks pretty badass, the amiibo version of the fire ball looks lame. Anyways never mind, just wanted to say I didn't really like the Mario amiibo. The concept of regular Mario + fire ball is indeed from Smash Bros, if you wanted to get that across with that nice pic :) Thus, we could indeed say this is a Smash Bros. amiibo, I concede!!! /whiteflag.

You could also have just looked at the stand they're on as it has the Smash logo.

But yeah all of the Amiibo's so far are of their Smash 4 variation what with them having the same appearance and pose as their Smash 4 artwork. I'm sure we'll get plenty variations of the same characters, like Mario in a Kart, Mario playing Golf, Mario with X power-up, etc.

I wonder though if they'll actually make an Amiibo of every Smash 4 character. I mean let's face it, a Game & Watch Amiibo would not be worth $12 at all, and even disregarding that, it's still a bad value against other Amiibos as Smash is the only game you'll ever be able to use him with.

I wish they would not use the trophy as base for the figurines. That makes Link a shitty figurine with that fat PISS BEAM thats holding his ass. I mean what the fuck is this pose anyways link should do a spinning attack and not "i Just jumped and now I am falling down" crap.

Or at least use the other trophy

Experimental42 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Experimental42 said:

All amiibos will work on all games, but game specific amiibos make have extra benefits for their specific games.

When was this said? From what I've been hearing they'll only work with games they appear in that support Amiibo, so a Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo will do nothing with Mario Kart 8, and a Mario Amiibo will do nothing with Mario Party Island Tour.

Ah, let me rephrase. All amiibos will work with games that their specific character appears in.

As far as where amiibos being cross-game, that was the entire purpose behind the amiibo since they aren't currently designing an amiibo only game.

Here's a source though I hesitate to give such a piece of sh*t site any sort of traffic and would prefer you took my words at face value: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/19/5823978/amiibo-nintendo-e3-interview

I know some Amiibos can work with multiple games, but not all games is what I'm getting at.

Around the Network

I think they look great. Link's stand kinda sucks and I hate that the Wii Fit trainer is wearing a leg cast, but meh, what are you gonna do? Well worth $13 IMO.

Einsam_Delphin said:

I know some Amiibos can work with multiple games, but not all games is what I'm getting at.

That's why I rephrased. The Mario Smash amiibo will have some functionality with all amiibo compatable games that Mario appears in for example. If you buy a link Smash amiibo it can be used with Hyrule Warriors and possibly Mario Kart 8.

If I were Nintendo, I'd use Mario Kart 8 as a continuously growing game that eventually incorporates all Smash characters so all the Smash amiibos have at least 2 games they can function with, and it keeps Mario Kart relevant for a long, long time. It's also easier to develop characters for Mario Kart than it is for Smash so it's more feasable.

I'd also get my ass on a Diablo-esque multiplayer title that uses amiibo data from other games to build a character that goes through famous areas like Ganon's Tower, Bowser's Castle, a Space Pirate controlled world, Team Rocket's base, and a stronghold on planet Venom. Smash data influences combat power, Mario Kart 8 boosts movement speed or bestows speed based abilities and mounts, etc. It's a friggin goldmine and Nintendo is missing out by specifically avoiding this.