By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shinen is using triple buffering for the gbuffer on Fast Racing Neo, bandwidth is not a problem

fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

They are/were at the technical forefront of five different systems. That speaks to their talent. Almost no others devs have rivalled their work on GBA, DS, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U.

Not for the whole industry and all the while making no technical innovations at the same time ? 

I think your giving Shin'en too much credit and the rest of the AAA studio's not enough credit on their engineering talent ...

Doesn't matter if they're not industry-wide, setting technical standards on five platforms and squeezing the kind of performance out of hardware that they do takes immense technical talent. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Doesn't matter if they're not industry-wide, setting technical standards on five platforms and squeezing the kind of performance out of hardware that they do takes immense technical talent. 

But it does though ... Setting technical standards is one thing but making technical trends and innovations is on it's own level compared to that so I ask again, what makes them SOOO much more special compared to the rest of the industry doing not only the same as Shin'en but more at the same time ? 

curl-6 said:

But it does though ... Setting technical standards is one thing but making technical trends and innovations is on it's own level compared to that so I ask again, what makes them SOOO much more special compared to the rest of the industry doing not only the same as Shin'en but more at the same time ? 

The "rest of the industry" isn't doing the same as them though. Nobody matched their work on Wii. Very few can rival their work on GBA, DS, 3DS, Wii U.

How many other devs set technical standards on 5 systems that hold to this day? Not that many, I reckon.

I had so much fun read this. The plot twist was hilarious.

curl-6 said:

The "rest of the industry" isn't doing the same as them though. Nobody matched their work on Wii. Very few can rival their work on GBA, DS, 3DS, Wii U.

How many other devs set technical standards on 5 systems that hold to this day? Not that many, I reckon.

What platforms they worked on doesn't matter and the amount means little ... 

EA DICE, Criterion Games, Codemasters, Ubisoft, and the guys at Eidos have all pushed more platforms than what Shin'en did while also offering technical innovations for the industry too ...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

What platforms they worked on doesn't matter and the amount means little ... 

EA DICE, Criterion Games, Codemasters, Ubisoft, and the guys at Eidos have all pushed more platforms than what Shin'en did while also offering technical innovations for the industry too ...

Actually it matters a lot, being able to surpass pretty much everyone else on 5 systems means outperforming a lot of other devs.

And please stop trying to change the subject. Industry-wide innovation is irrelevent. We're talking about pushing the technical boundaries of specific hardware. And Ubisoft, seriously? What systems are they at the leading edge on?

curl-6 said:

Actually it matters a lot, being able to surpass pretty much everyone else on 5 systems means outperforming a lot of other devs.

And please stop trying to change the subject. Industry innovation is irrelevent. We're talking about pushing the technical boundaries of specific hardware. And Ubisoft, seriously? What systems are they at the leading edge on?

It means nothing in the end ... What matters most is recent work, not your old work. 

I'm not the one trying to change the subject. Your just dismissing it because it doesn't work to your benefit. This was the original post ...

swii26 said:

I love the fact the Shin'en seems to be a very intelligent developer and actually cares to put the extra effort in to make a game look and play beautifully. I sure hope this game turns out to be awesome!! 

What we ended up arguing about was "Shin'en's engineering capabilities" compared to the rest of the industry and technical innovations do count in that regard.

Also, why the downplaying on Ubisoft ? They were technical leaders at 6th gen with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for Xbox and PC. They will also end up being technical leaders for last gen HD twins soon with AC Rogue. Their also pushing next generation with AC Unity and especially with Tom Clancy's The Division ...

curl-6 said:

And please stop trying to change the subject. Industry innovation is irrelevent. We're talking about pushing the technical boundaries of specific hardware. And Ubisoft, seriously? What systems are they at the leading edge on?

It means nothing in the end ... What matters most is recent work, not your old work. 

I'm not the one trying to change the subject. Your just dismissing it because it doesn't work to your benefit. This was the original post ...

Also, why the downplaying on Ubisoft ? They were technical leaders at 6th gen with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for Xbox and PC. They will also end up being technical leaders for last gen HD twins soon with AC Rogue. Their also pushing next generation with AC Unity and especially with Toms Clancy's The Division ...

The original post I replied to was about Shin'en "not doing anything special with the hardware", which just isn't true as they pushed the boundaries of almost every system they've worked on.

I thought you said recent work matters most? It's a long time since Chaos Theory, and I very much doubt AC Rogue and The Division will outdo the likes of Uncharted 2/3 & God of War Ascension last gen or Drive Club, Shadow Fall, Uncharted 4 etc this gen technologically.

curl-6 said:

The original post I replied to was about Shin'en "not doing anything special with the hardware", which just isn't true as they pushed the boundaries of almost every system they've worked on.

I thought you said recent work matters most? It's a long time since Chaos Theory, and I very much doubt AC Rogue and The Division will outdo the likes of the Uncharted games, God of War Ascension, Drive Club, Shadow Fall, etc technologically.

Recent work does matter the most but I was only using older games as an example as being technical leaders ... 

I'm not expecting it to outdo other games, I'm just expecting those titles to be technical leaders! I seriously hope your joking about The Division ...

This game is next gen in every category from the lighting, textures, animations, details and especially the physics! 

curl-6 said:

I thought you said recent work matters most? It's a long time since Chaos Theory, and I very much doubt AC Rogue and The Division will outdo the likes of the Uncharted games, God of War Ascension, Drive Club, Shadow Fall, etc technologically.

Recent work does matter the most but I was only using older games as an example as being technical leaders ... 

I'm not expecting it to outdo other games, I'm just expecting those titles to be technical leaders! I seriously hope your joking about The Dvision ...

This game is next gen in every category from the lighting, textures, animations, details and especially the physics! 

I am skeptical; it's Ubisoft, they're the king of downgrades these days. Look what happened to Watchdogs. It's hard for me to trust them.