400k to 500k 45 8.60%

500k to 750k 112 21.41%

750k to 1.0m 50 9.56%

1.0m to 1.25m 37 7.07%

1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521

It seems that the expensive restructuring that Nintendo is going through is finally complete (buying and constructing new buildings, acquiring tech, etc.). What is so interesting is that they are making profit from selling significantly less "console" hardware compared to last gen, so if they go on a rampage again (which will happen), their profits will be unbelievable.

Around the Network
chapset said:
JohnMeyers said:
Doesn't matter as long as they made a profit.
Gamecube sold just 22 million, but made more profit for Nintendo than PS2 for Sony.

Should just accept that the Wii U failed as an idea, and Nintendo can try again next gen. In the mean time they should just focus on remaining financially stable.

Honestly this partisan obsession with how much consoles 'your company' is selling is ridiculous. So far the Wii U is killing it in terms of exclusives and that's all I care about.

no it didn't

Whether it did or not, dont try to compare Sony's financial situation to Nintendo's because it is embarassing.

Deeds said:
chapset said:
JohnMeyers said:
Doesn't matter as long as they made a profit.
Gamecube sold just 22 million, but made more profit for Nintendo than PS2 for Sony.

Should just accept that the Wii U failed as an idea, and Nintendo can try again next gen. In the mean time they should just focus on remaining financially stable.

Honestly this partisan obsession with how much consoles 'your company' is selling is ridiculous. So far the Wii U is killing it in terms of exclusives and that's all I care about.

no it didn't

Whether it did or not, dont try to compare Sony's financial situation to Nintendo's because it is embarassing.

huh wtf are you talking about. Where did you get that from '' no it didn't'' wtf?!? o-O is someone else impersonating me and comparing stuff that I wouldn't, if there is such a person fuck him, THERE'S ONLY ONE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

What's also interesting is that their revenue is down, yet their profits are up. This indicates that it was the restructuring "costs" that were a primarily driver of the losses.

Deeds said:

What's also interesting is that their revenue is down, yet their profits are up. This indicates that it was the restructuring "costs" that were a primarily driver of the losses.

A lot of people knew that including me, but they ignored it to push their agenda. Nintendo will be just fine, now IGN please give me that free Wii U in the contest so I can delete your app that I shall never use again.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Deeds said:

A lot of people knew that including me, but they ignored it to push their agenda. Nintendo will be just fine, now IGN please give me that free Wii U in the contest so I can delete your app that I shall never use again.

Yup, keep in mind also that the restructuring was done to streamline their operations, so that may also explain them beating analysts expectations.

JohnMeyers said:
ICStats said:

The exchange rate related "profit" needs to be treated carefully.

Net assets March 31th: ¥1,118,438 Million == USD $10,876 Million
Net assets Sep 30th: ¥1,130,054 Million == USD $10,305 Million

It's a ¥11,616 Million gain in Yen, but a $571 Million loss in US Dollars.

Yeah but... that doesn't really matter, since it's a Japan based company.

Of course it matters. as soon as the exchange rate goes the other way, things will start looking gloomier.

Hey, Nintendo, since your warchest is starting to get bigger again, could you please finally make a Startropics game for the Wii U?

RolStoppable said:
the_dengle said:

Nintendo's first profitable Q3 since 2010. Hopefully a good sign for the future.

(thanks gaf)

Good chart, especially because it goes back to the GC era. Perfectly illustrates the result for what happens when both the home console and handheld push for the games and direction that drive Nintendo towards irrelevance.

I am curious as to what you think Nintendo should have done instead of WiiU and 3DS (in a nutshell).

the_dengle said:

Nintendo's first profitable Q3 since 2010. Hopefully a good sign for the future.

(thanks gaf)

but you need to remember after they sell the 3.6 million wii u s this fiscal year+- , they will be back to paying full cost for each wii u again. right now they are selling on their books/for reportng purposes wii u s with very little cost basis.  so once they sell their 3.6 million they will have to perform much better next fiscal year than ths one to just keep up.