By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Xbox One Beat Wii U Already??

Soundwave said:
It's kind of sad that video games are basically the only thing Nintendo does and they can't sell them better than Sony or MS anymore.

Were you expecting a response?

Around the Network

Why are you so desperate for xbone to pass wii u? Are you upset because it's getting slaughtered by ps4 and this will make you feel better?

Soundwave said:
It's kind of sad that video games are basically the only thing Nintendo does and they can't sell them better than Sony or MS anymore.

I would say they are selling the games they make, better than Sony and Microsoft are selling the games they make.  But, they are not selling their system better than the other two (except when it comes to handhelds, which no company has ever been able to compete with them in).

two words:

stage builder!

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Honestly, at the rate they are both selling, the Xbox One will pass the Wii U, early next year. I just don't see the Xbox One having a 100k advantage each week for the next 7 weeks, or even close to that. It will sell well, but the Wii U will sell some more based on Bayonetta, Smash, etc. I would be surprised if Captain Toad was a system seller.

But, at the end of the day, who cares? Nintendo doesn't. They don't see Sony and Microsoft as their competition. They just make systems, and then make games for those systems. All they care about is making a profit off of their systems, which they will probably start making some money off the Wii U next year (we already know that they are making a killing off of the 3DS).

Microsoft, Sony, and their fanboys, are the only ones that care about this pissing contest (as someone else called it).

Me, I just but the systems that have games I want to play on them. I know hardware doesn't make a game, dev do. I have a Wii U, PS4, and all the previous gen consoles (and even a PS2). Plus a Vita (pretty worthless, but I do enjoy taking some classic PS1 games on the go) and a 3DS. Once the Xbox One releases a game I want, that I can't get on another system, I will buy one of the too. As I said, I go where the games are. I can care less who made the hardware, or what hardware it is.

This console war crap is stupid.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Xbox One will never pass the Wii U in lifetime sales.

I wish I could be as optimistic. For several reasons I would much prefer Wii U to be the number 2 console this generation, but I just don't see it happening. 😩

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

andrewclear said:
Honestly, at the rate they are both selling, the Xbox One will pass the Wii U, early next year. I just don't see the Xbox One having a 100k advantage each week for the next 7 weeks, or even close to that. It will sell well, but the Wii U will sell some more based on Bayonetta, Smash, etc. I would be surprised if Captain Toad was a system seller.

But, at the end of the day, who cares? Nintendo doesn't. They don't see Sony and Microsoft as their competition. They just make systems, and then make games for those systems. All they care about is making a profit off of their systems, which they will probably start making some money off the Wii U next year (we already know that they are making a killing off of the 3DS).

Microsoft, Sony, and their fanboys, are the only ones that care about this pissing contest (as someone else called it).

Me, I just but the systems that have games I want to play on them. I know hardware doesn't make a game, dev do. I have a Wii U, PS4, and all the previous gen consoles (and even a PS2). Plus a Vita (pretty worthless, but I do enjoy taking some classic PS1 games on the go) and a 3DS. Once the Xbox One releases a game I want, that I can't get on another system, I will buy one of the too. As I said, I go where the games are. I can care less who made the hardware, or what hardware it is.

This console war crap is stupid.

Right, that's why every thread back in the first half of last gen the word Nintendomination wasn't coined and used in every weekly sales and NPD thread by numerous Nintendo fans. Oh wait! Those things totally did happen. And Xb and PS fans used exactly the same excuse to dismiss Wii "but PS3/X360 aren't really in competition with Wii." 'Twas a lame excuse then and it is now.

Fact is the purpose of business it to maximise profits for the shareholders, and in the console business that means selling as much hardware as possible, AND getting passive revenue from 3rd party royalties. Wii U may be profitable, but I'm sure Nintendo and its shareholders would far and away prefer the profits fro the Wii heyday than the smaller profits they will see from a slow selling and low install base Wii U.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Welfare said:

Arent those sales still based off over tracking in Q2

Wii U shipped 510k in Q2 with MK8. At most, Q3 will be 600k.

I got only Q3 sales.

BTW Q3 are always  stronger than Q2.

I think Xbox one will pass the Wii U this Christmas.
They must be like 7.2 vs 6.8 millions.

when do we get the info of how many consoles nintendo shipped since january 30? end of this month?