By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Xbox One Beat Wii U Already??

X1 undertracked? Anyone can confirm if it is undertracked or MS just overshipped? Anyway, it was funny to see people thinking X1 wouldn't pass the Wii U. I don't know if it will do it this year (if X1 is so under and U is so over it will do it) or in the first half of 2015, but it's a given.

PS4 is undertracked and if X1 is too and the Wii U is overtracked, then that paints a pretty grim situation for Nintendo.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Alright, so let's go by your logic.

500K undertracked of 5.9M = 6.4M

300K Overtracked of 7.4M = 7.1M

7.1M==6.4M?

Nothing more to say :)

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
After seeing that Nintendo Direct for Smash... Man I have changed my opinion. I think the Wii U can potentially outdo Xbone by a country mile.

I mean look at the beginning of the year. XBone was beating the Wii U by 500k units. But as of today, the Wii U is beating it by 1.4 million copies (or 700k copies to satisfy the people who say the Xbone is undertracked, even though Microsoft is the shadiest company out of the three with releasing it's sales numbers). Plus all this talk about Smash and the content it provides made me realize they made Smash not only to have phenomenal legs, but also give the Wii U legs to stand on as well. That and mostly all of Xbones must have games are coming out on the PS4 as well.

Microsoft is in a stickier situation than people think.

XBox One has never been ahead of Wii U in lifetime sales.

kowenicki said:
Neck and neck. Will pass it very very soon.

Yes. It will do so before 2015 it seems.

bubblegamer said:
kowenicki said:
Neck and neck. Will pass it very very soon.

Yes. It will do so before 2015 it seems.

You know, it might do that during Christmas time.  Microsoft advertises it much more than Nintendo advertises the Wii U, and the price cut (although only 50 dollars) will bring in some people who are on the fence.

In the end, I really don't care.  I love my Wii U, 360, and PS3.  I like my PS4 (can't wait til it gets more games in genres I enjoy).  I'll probably get a Xbox One, once it has a game or two that I would like to play, that I can't on my other systems.

I'm really getting annoyed with this console war crap.  All three systems are good systems.  They do what they are designed to do, and they do it well.  The whole 1080p 60fps arguement doesn't mean crap to me, because the game will still look good.  The difference between graphical fidelty between all 3 current gen consoles, isn't the difference like the previous (where the Wii  was by far worse).  It also isn't the difference as a PS3 vs PS2, etc.  The graphics on the previous gen were good enough.  Some more ram (so they could evenly distribute good quality textures) would've helped alot.  The Wii U, while many people want to talk bad about, has some very attractive games.  They are crisp, and are smooth when being played.  Now, the PS4 and Xbox One have better hardware, but hardware doesn't make a game, and some of those games do not even run at a crisp 30fps (usually because they pushed it too hard, and didn't have time to optimize it to a stable fps).

So, with that being said, the main thing between these systems, and the one that should really be focused on in terms of if one should buy one of not, are the games.  Wii U, has a ton of first and second party titles, and a lack of thir party.  That is a blessing and a curse.  A lot of quality exclusives, but it makes buying another console (or having a computer) mandatory, if you want to be able to play a lot of the games on the market.

The PS4 and Xbox One, have great third party support, and the PS4 will have more exclusives (mainly cause Sony owns more studios, and many niche Japanese games will be PS4 only).  You can get by on only one of these consoles, but having a Nintendo opens up another world of gaming.

Nintendo focuses on providing a fun experience.  Just like a business, they want to make moeny, but, I have to give them credit for creating some quality games, on feasible budgets.  Hyrule Warriors is a success, and it didn't sell a ton.  Them (and Tecmo Koei) just knew how to make a quality budget title.  This is something I appreciate from the company, because games like Pikmin, Lego City undercover, Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, etc, have a ton of quality, and were created on small budgets.  Third party companies could learn a thing or two from this model.

Now, third parties (and Sony/Microsoft studios) focus more on profit now.  They just want to spend an enormous amount of making a game, and then hyping the crap out of it to get everyone to buy it day one, and hope they make a nice profit.  They usually want their games to be considered more "art" than fun.  They want their games to be taken seriously, as a medium.  Nothing wrong with that approach, except you really need some smaller budget games in order to survive.  Look at the movie industry, you don't Hollywood pumping out more big budget blockbusters than smaller budget titles.  Most of the movies are lower budget, and many of them are quality movies.  

No idea, why I typed my feelings on this.  I am just tired of this crappy console war crap.  It should be about the damn games, not the systems.  And we really need to hold developers more accountable for their actions (releasing unfinished, buggy ass games... having the dlc already on the disc... etc).  We also need to demand more quality out of budget titles, and not over demand quality out of the big budget titles.  Hell, we should demand more games in general.

Around the Network

By my account we are just over a million but I'm willing to bet there will be adjustments. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=191400&page=1#

Seeing as you can get one for cheaper than or at the same price as a Wii U, it should have.

XB1 is not undertracked, there's just plenty of supplies, don't fool yourself. These new shipments in new countries aren't going to sell anytime soon.

Even if it was, nowhere near 500k.