By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Team Racing or Mario Kart 64?

Xen said:
peachbuggy said:
If you are using reviews as a definitive yardstick why don't you just use sales. I am actually annoyed CTR is being mentioned in the same breath as MK64.

Me too. CTR is so much better.

Never in a million years.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

again Sales =/= quality

thought this both games offer the same gameplay, but i personally enjoyed CTR, it got naughty dogs touch on it.
and whatever these guys touch turns into shi.... i mean gold.

Mario Kart 64 is the best Mario Kart game I played it to death.

Currently Playing: - Pokemon Sun - 3DS

3DS Friend Code: - 4339-3849-0940

Well, I never got a chance to play CTR. I wish it was on PSN so that I could buy it to try it out. As for the Mario Kart series, I absolutely LOVE them!  I enjoy racing games in general and Mario Kart has always been fun to me!

i say mario kart 64 but then again i didnt really play very much of crash team racing

Long Live SHIO!

Around the Network

CTR
I used to play it pretty much every single day. It's probably the only game I've played as much as Super Smash Bros. I did quite enjoy Mario Kart 64 but I just have fonder memories of CTR. I even recently downloaded it from the PSN but I'm disappointed that you can't play multi-player with the PSP version =(.

Only played MK64 a couple times but I owned CTR. So I gotta say Crash was better but my opinion is biased towards Sony so...

Mario Kart 64.

Need I say more?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

used to love ctr so much...never played mario kart ...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

I swear to God: I sold my Gameboy and 13 games to buy Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 for the SNES months before I even got the console. By the time the generation was over, Mario Kart was possibly the most played game on my SNES (lots of other games got comparable attention, though). I learned every track's nuances and spent hours and hours on time trials alone. Don't get me started on GP and Battle Mode. I even sent envelope art to EGM with Mario in a Kart running over Sonic (a similar letter art got printed, but not mine).

I went straight from Super Nintendo to N64. Mario Kart was my fourth game (after Mario 64, Wave Race, and KI Gold). I was so disappointed. The controls were floaty, the characters were 2D, and the computer AI was broken, due to rubber band physics. I bought a third party controller and a friggin joystick (N64 controller shortage in 96) so that I could play 4-player. The battle mode was broken (huge, multi-tiered stages but only four players -no music). I had nothing to compare it to. I was enchanted by 3D graphics, and I was STILL let down.

Now, some of you were but wee babes at time. All you had was the N64. You were too young to know good games from bad. Mario Kart 64 WAS a pretty good game. And, as kids, with a few friends, you had a blast with it. Nostalgia blinds. I know. I've been there.

Crash Team Racing was better. If you get the chance, play both. Crash beat Mario Kart 64 in every single area except for characters. The speed, weapons, track design, boost mechanics, music (it WAS on CD), control, graphics, multi-player. CTR dominated. Now, if you haven't played both, do so. Don't pretend to play both -play both. You'll agree. If you disagree, fine. But you'll be in the minority (and I won't have sex with you anymore).

I'm a Mario fan above all others, especially lame ass Crash Bandicoot......but CTR is a better game.