By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Your reasons for the PS4 winning this generation despite being the most powerful console.

Sony didn't monstrously screw up like the others. They won by default.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Sony didn't monstrously screw up like the others. They won by default.

Well Nintendo pretty much always makes self destructing errors, lol, the N64 and GameCube were very easy for Sony to beat as well. 

I liken it to tennis ... it's easy to win when your opponent keeps making unforced errors that basically gift you free points. 

Games.

More games, more diversity, and easy/fast OS.

This thread makes me want to fap!

Alt Removed, Carl

Around the Network
ClickerBait said:
LOL a people downplaying sony, 3 out of 4 of there consoles have dominated. They took years building the brand, and making a product that appeals to gamers, it is never as simple as "The others screwed up", please. Sony would have won if ms had a good reveal....Ps is a bigger brand WW period.

I think the PS1 won because Nintendo screwed up.  People waited for the N64 and when that system had a lot of drawbacks (Difficult to program for, No games, high priced carts, memory issues), people went with the PS1.  I think the PS3 started out poorly because Sony screwed up.  Sony has a hell of a brand and a hell of a following.  The original Xbox was such a non-threat.  Why do you think it sold so much, last gen?  People waited to see what Sony was going to do before buying the Xbox 360.  The same thing happened when the Dreamcast released.  It sold record numbers but the thing was doomed because people already felt the PS2 was going to be such a better console (and it was).  But, if Sony had dropped the ball, things may have ended differently.

Sony is a bigger brand but anybody can drop the ball and if they do, somebody else is going to capitalize on the mistake.  The PS4 didn't make a lot of mistakes.  It's the best console of the three.

Brand loyalty doesn't mean much in this business. You have to execute and be on top of your game every gen, if you get lazy or start making silly mistakes you will get burned for it, and we've seen that happen to all three of the big companies and Sega also.

People don't care what you did for them yesterday.

Alt Removed, Carl

Alt Removed, Carl

Soundwave said:
Brand loyalty doesn't mean much in this business. You have to execute and be on top of your game every gen, if you get lazy or start making silly mistakes you will get burned for it, and we've seen that happen to all three of the big companies and Sega also.

People don't care what you did for them yesterday.

Amen, brother.  At the end of the day, it comes down to which console has the experience people want.  Personally, I don't care who gives it to me as long as I get it!  The console makers don't seem to realize this and then spend anywhere from five years to a decade suffering the consequences of their short-sightedness.