By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last of Us Game of the Year Edition hits PS3 next month

BraLoD said:

Not IMO, and that huge ammount of awards it got also doesn't agree with that

There's no denying the impact CoD4 has left on the industry. I can't say the same for TLoU.

Around the Network

Ah It is good to see the last of us salt is still deep in people's wounds.
It should be named Game of the Generation edition.

Honestly no fuss should be made
Tomb Raider had the exact same thing happen
also really love the vgchartz community
fanboyism and stupid commentary are less rampant here than on ign and n4g and gaf ( urgghh those places get horrible at times )

fanboyism and stupid commentary are less rampant here than on ign and n4g and gaf ( urgghh those places get horrible at times )

BraLoD said:

There's no denying the impact TLOU has left on the people who played it. I can't say the same for COD 4.
Sorry

I'm certain TLoU has left an impact on people: the story is very very well done and that would certainly appeal to people who care more about story than gameplay. I'm just saying a title as heavy as "Game of the Generation" should belong to a game which's influence is very obvious upon the industry.

Around the Network

BraLoD said:

So you finally played the game! And seems like you really enjoyed it, great xD
I had RDR sitting alone in the place of the best game of the gen and I was convinced that nothing would surpass it, then TLOU came and damn it was so amazing that I had to take RDR from there and pass the crown to TLOU

I really hope this version is not Europe only, because I really do want to get it.

yes, got the remastered version and just finished it yesterday, and i had the same revelation as you, this game just became my favorite game of this gen as well, you see Demons Souls and Zone of the Enders the Second Runner are not only Great games but they are also about stuff that i really like (stuff like Hard challenging games and really good anime), so i have a preference or bias for those games, but after playing the last of us i must say that its the best game ive played, even with the biased preference that i had for the other two games they just cant take the crown away from TLOU, because that game is just simply a MASTERPIECE.

sadly to get the Platinum you must complete two of the most boring online trophies ever the Firefly and Hunter trophies, in other words complete 168 online matches, and even though the multiplayer is good and unique, im not really into it so its gonna be a looong journey to get that plat.

BraLoD said:

If there was to be one Game of the Generation, it would go, without a single doubt, to The Last of Us, as it was the most critically acclamed game of the generation, and possibly in the history of gaming.

No. http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

And as far as gameplay goes, it was flawed: the enemy AI and ally AI was perhaps the biggest issue for me. I agree with you though that the story's very good. Not perfect but very good and the opening sequence was very well done.

KLAMarine said:
BraLoD said:

If there was to be one Game of the Generation, it would go, without a single doubt, to The Last of Us, as it was the most critically acclamed game of the generation, and possibly in the history of gaming.

1) No. http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

2) And as far as gameplay goes, it was flawed: the enemy AI and ally AI was perhaps the biggest issue for me. I agree with you though that the story's very good. Not perfect but very good and the opening sequence was very well done.

1) i got two things to say about this and that page:

first of all The Last of Us was reviewed and praised by OVER 200 critics, (of magazines, websites etc) and yet on that page there only 43 reviews for it, were is the rest? also Super Mario Galaxy was reviewed by 97 critics (which is a lot, and it really is the best mario game and imo one of the best games of ALL TIME) but did it got OVER 200 Near to perfect or Perfect Scores and Game of The Year Awards like TLOU?

I researched on Metacritic and i only found 73 reviewers for it, and imo TLOU isnt reviewed by 200 critics on Metacritic either but thankfully Naughty Dog let us know the actual amount of GOTYs that it recieved something that Nintendo didnt do for SMG, so its really hard without the actual information to argue which is the most aclaimed game of both.

The second thing that i have to say about this is that: that page you linked us (gamerankings) is a joke... come on if you are going to RANK games you must give them the same ammount of reviews for each game, it is unfair for a game to only have 28 reviews and then for another to have over 70, of course the one with less reviews is going to have an advantage in getting a more perfect score (i bet you that if all of those games were reviewed by 100 critics each, the list would change dramatically), i mean GTA IV, ARKHAM CITY, MASS EFFECT 2, SOUL CALIBUR better than The Last of US??? LOL COME ON SON!

Heck Uncharted 2 might be a great game but it isnt better than The Last of Us either....

2) that right there is an outright lie, if anything the AI in this game is some of the best out there, especially the enemy AI and how great and challenging it becomes with the higher difficulties (heck the clickers agro just by hearing you reload), i normally would try to understand someones point of view and respect it but in this case im sorry thats just not true.

i can assure you that  i myself had no problems with the AI and neither did BraLod and you know who else didnt had problems with the AI? the Over 200 critics that praised the game, and neither did the youtubers that reviewed the game (AngryJoe, ProJared etc), if the Enemy AI was really flawed it would have NEVER gotten over 200 GOTYs, it would have never gotten the ammount of perfect and near to perfect scores that it got from critics and it wouldnt be praised by so many gamers as it is right now, (after all FLAWED AI and GAMEPLAY is something that would break a game and make it not fun at all).

heck if anything the AI is some of the stuff that i have heard gotten praises for in the game, not just the enemy AI but ellie as well, for a lot of people she is possibly the best NPC-Companion ever made.

Im sure you are going to reply with some of you very heavily opinion based claims of how the AI and Gameplay are "Flawed", but you know what? i dont care because i played the game and i know for a fact that aint true, and all the critics, media and the overwhelming mayority of gamers seem to agree with me.

Robbie2010 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Triple dipping? Wow.

I guess you won't be getting MCC then.

This is the third version of teh same game in one year. halo 2, and 3 have't been remastered for many many years. halo 4 is more then a 1 year old and for those three games   its been more then a year. halo 1 has had 3 remakes including the this one but they were all spread out.