By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In terms of overall game library, which console has the best software lineup?

Best software lineup this year?

Xbox One 99 27.73%

PS4 89 24.93%

Wii U 168 47.06%

Total:356
sweetoothj said:

Good year for all gaming consoles, but I think xbox one had the best software lineup overall.

It seems some people like to say that, I would disgress, the ps4 had a pretty nice lineup too, but neither had anything as ground breaking as gears of war on the 360 or uncharted 2/god of war 3 on ps3!

The thing ms did best is manage their image with the gaming press, which does not seem to have much impact on most gamer, you know they are getting destroyed in sales... 

None of the launch game was any good except forza 5, but I don't play racing Sims... Then garden warfare came out on PC/ps4 titan fall is not that interesting to many, then there was nothing released for about 5 weeks during summer! (Except an OS upgrade) 

Around the Network
alabtrosMyster said:

No need to go that far, just get  360 controller, and put steam big picture mode.. Then put xbmc for the media features and retroarch for your retro games and you have a setup that is made to control with a game pad! And is potentially much more potent than any console... Even with a lousy core i3 and a 50$ video card you beat the ps350... If you spend over 150$ or so on the video card you are at or above ps4 performance! .. With a bit more work.... 

Then you get on steam and look for the deals, get on Gog and humble bundle for even more opportunities and you can build a library of 5$ and less games in no time! (Even the big titles get to be discounted from time to time... When they don't just give them to you)

Sigh... must you PC guys derail every single console thread? The thread title clearly says "CONSOLES". Yet some PC gamers will still find a way to come and make it a PC thread. This shit is getting really old and tiring. I think the mods should start taking these kinda things seriously. 

With a console you "just" go into a store and buy a box that you plug into your tv. You don't "just" buy a box, then "just" buy a controller, then "just" buy this or that GPU, then "just" do this or do that. How PC gamers (especialy since they are supposed to me smarter and wiser than the rest of us" can't see this is beyond me.

alabtrosMyster said:

None of the launch game was any good except forza 5, but I don't play racing Sims... Then garden warfare came out on PC/ps4 titan fall is not that interesting to many, then there was nothing released for about 5 weeks during summer! (Except an OS upgrade) 

Sincere question. Which current gen consoles do you have? Did you actually play Forza 5 and did you actually play KZ shadowfall? I think KZ:SF was great and I cannot imagine how anyone that actually played it would say it wasn't at least a good game. 

Or did you just youtube these games and their reviews and conclude that they weren't any good? Problem with gamers today. Spend more time talking about and watching games than actually playing them.

LOL at the poll. People are crazy. Exclusives? Ok I'll give you that.

But what about all the multiplats? Do you know what that word even means, Nintendo fanboys?

This is just pathetic. Now back to Bayonetta 2.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:

LOL at the poll. People are crazy. Exclusives? Ok I'll give you that.

But what about all the multiplats? Do you know what that word even means, Nintendo fanboys?

This is just pathetic. Now back to Bayonetta 2.

Now that's just flaming them. No need for insults. I'm also pretty sure that the PS3 has a better lineup than the PS4.

Around the Network

...is this for this year solely or who has the best lineup with no restrictions? The way the topic's phrased makes it seem like the latter...

mysteryman said:
PC

He said console.

Overall game library, and only going current gen, I would say:

WiiU>XB1>PS4

I currently only have the WiiU and the PS4, but will be buying an XB1 between now and the end of the year. The fact that XB1 and PS4 largely get the same 3rd party support, and XB1 just has more exclusives coming out before the end of this year that interest me, is what puts XB1's library above PS4. Sure, the "best" version of the 3rd party game might be on the PS4 in some cases, but that doesn't mean the game doesn't exist in the XB1 library.

Dreamcast for fudge sake...thought everyone knows this by now.

Nintendo has the best overall exclusives. But so far the Xbox One has really got the hits coming.and multiplats on their side. I think Sony will it by next year, but generally Microsoft usually impresses in the first two years and then Sony takes over once the third party exclusives dry up.