By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny 42 Days Later

jlmurph2 said:
I have to save money for Black Friday so I'm still playing it until MCC comes. Have a level 29 Titan, 28 Hunter and 28 Warlock.

Still no new content though. Its so repetitive you end up learning some of Dinklebot's lines by heart.

"Not to alarm you, but I'm tracking the sword from the light of the Guardians it's killed"
"The Sword is here...I can feel its power.
"We've woken the hive!!"
*public event pops* "What is that?" *starts* "I guess we're doing this thing"/"I've got your back"

LOL. agreed. and i think they should give some free content. new strikes and new public even types and some free multuplayer maps. 

Around the Network

I dont want to blame most of the reviewer or other player. I stoped playin FFXIV and CoD, i even didnt buy Hyrule Warior and maybe Bayonetta2 just to foolin around with my friend playin Destiny. I dont like daily weekly etc, i do love the pvp on destiny.

bananaking21 said:
jlmurph2 said:
I have to save money for Black Friday so I'm still playing it until MCC comes. Have a level 29 Titan, 28 Hunter and 28 Warlock.

Still no new content though. Its so repetitive you end up learning some of Dinklebot's lines by heart.

"Not to alarm you, but I'm tracking the sword from the light of the Guardians it's killed"
"We've woken the hive!!"
*public event pops* "What is that?" *starts* "I guess we're doing this thing"/"I've got your back"

LOL. agreed. and i think they should give some free content. new strikes and new public even types and some free multuplayer maps. 

Hard to see that happening though.

jlmurph2 said:
bananaking21 said:
jlmurph2 said:

"We've woken the hive!!"

Hard to see that happening though.

most likely not. oddly for me, if a dev gives out free updates i am more likely to buy DLC from them. 

Only 1 or 2 of my friends are still playing every day out of almost 12 that were playing when it came out last month.

Around the Network

It's a mixed bag. The shooting mechanics are fantastic, pretty much top of the genre. So is the art direction, the areas that are there look fantastic, color palette is nice and varied. I also like the constant stream of loot for armor and guns.

But there is a lot if bad. The areas are very nice to look at but there is not enough of them and you have to revisit the same areas multiple times. The story is atrocious. People have said there is a lot of lore and story if you go to the website and read the grimoire cards but I'm not going to and I shouldn't have to. Why doesn't the game have a tab on it's menu to find and read all of the lore like every other game in existence? Voice acting, Bill Nighy aside, is poor. I also don't like the stop start nature of the missions. Mission variety is also extremely limited, you know the ghost is going to scan multiple machines in each level which will trigger hordes of enemies.

I'm level 16 and near the end of the story now. I tried the multiplayer for one match yesterday and it was decent, but 95% of my game time is spent in singleplayer so I don't think I will spend much time there at all. I may try some of the strike missions and whatever else there is.

Overall I would give it a 6.5. Pretty enjoyable, but flawed. Seems like the kind of game that has set the foundations for a fantastic sequel, like Assassin's Creed, rather than be fantastic itself. I am not disappointed though, I was never hyped for it and am borrowing a friend's cpoy anyway

Burek said:
Got to level 26, and had absolutely no desire to grind the same daily missions, public events, patrols etc... just for the outside chance of receiving 2-3 light points and inch closer to 27.
Especially since I figured out that to do so, I need to scavenge 73 helium filaments, 86 spirit blooms and an unspecified amount of ascendant materials.

Spend several hours to advance 1% in the game, I did not see any point in wasting my time with so many good games (and better games than Destiny) waiting in line.

Played Peggle 2 for the past week, and had tons more fun than shooting at a Spider Walker for umpillionth time.

Playing Alien Isolation by myself, Evil Within with my wife.... Destiny is a thing of the past, will never return to it, and I definitely will not be buying any expansions...

Son, you have achieved gaming nirvana. Gaming Buddha is proud of you. 

I'm ehhh with it, but between that and Titanfall (with new update of course) its deff going to keep me away from COD AW this year :)

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

I loved it in the beginning but I've gotten really bored of it. The lack of variety in the game has killed it for me. I was going to keep it until the first dlc comes in but from the looks of things they are still keeping it very much the same.

The third person in my fireteam has already traded the game in and it looks like I might be next.

I was really hoping they would have added matchmaking for the Raid, more types of missions by now but they haven't and nor is there any sign that they will. If in the future they do add better story, variety of missions, matchmaking etc then I will happily buy it back.

I played it for one weekend on the XBone, was pretty much done in that one weekend. Bayo 2 TOMORROW!!!