By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny 42 Days Later

LudicrousSpeed said:
lol how can a raid clear feel different when there's only one way to clear each stage and the spawns are all exactly the same?

The raid is well designed in some areas, and just tedious design with forced teamwork in others so they could justify not adding matchmaking into it. The last time I did the raid me and 5 complete strangers plowed through it in like 30 minutes with almost no communication, and a few of the guys only dying on the opening section with the plates. It's time they added some matchmaking. They believe they create something where teamwork and communication is required, a week later everyone knows whats up and it's easy.

Just another area where they fuck things up misreading the game and the community.

You played a different Raid than everybody else... it is the best gaming experience I already have in a console game.

Around the Network

Cool maybe my groups keep glitching into one of the on disc DLC raids so we are literally playing a different raid :)

kowenicki said:
Burek said:
Got to level 26, and had absolutely no desire to grind the same daily missions, public events, patrols etc... just for the outside chance of receiving 2-3 light points and inch closer to 27.
Especially since I figured out that to do so, I need to scavenge 73 helium filaments, 86 spirit blooms and an unspecified amount of ascendant materials.

Spend several hours to advance 1% in the game, I did not see any point in wasting my time with so many good games (and better games than Destiny) waiting in line.

Played Peggle 2 for the past week, and had tons more fun than shooting at a Spider Walker for umpillionth time.

Playing Alien Isolation by myself, Evil Within with my wife.... Destiny is a thing of the past, will never return to it, and I definitely will not be buying any expansions...

this.

its just (literally) the same thing over and over... and for what?

finish the campaign (too easy) and so you click on the daily and weekly missions or other objectives.... and surprise surprise, its the same thing I already did a number of times.

The main draw with the game seems to be the co-op experience. It's one of those things where the experience of playing something with other people is actually better than the game itself. Like co-op of even a shitty game, can be a better time than playing a good game solo, if the people you are playing with are good enough. That's seemingly the main draw for most people still caught up in the game.

Playing through the same shitty missions over and over sucks. Doing so with friends where you can laugh at someone gets hits a rock on their speeder and does cartwheels, or laughing at someone doing the weekly heroic and getting 4 ascendant energies.. that makes a meh game like Destiny much better. Closest thing I can compare it to is Borderlands or Diablo, only they have interesting stories and solid enough design to be immensely enjoyable even in SP.

I found these guys amazing... they did the Hard Raid in two guys.

"Just to get this out of the way, we had to bring another person in for the maze. If you arrive at the maze with only two players, it doesn't initiate the darkness zone and the end of the maze is sealed. If we could do that part with two people we would, but it's literally impossible. Special thanks to Beaman23 for carrying us with his OP hunter.

This was not a single smooth run. We wiped a ton of times - literally 2000 pounds worth of wipes. If you think this is easy, I implore you, try it with a friend. Seriously. We've both played a lot of games, and this was the hardest thing that either of us has ever done. We're talking harder than 50 in every Halo 3 playlist (Slayerage), and harder than multiple world 1st boss kills in WoW (Judul/sc Furball).

Special thanks to Gjallakarhorn for making this just a little easier."

jlmurph2 said:
Angelus said:
jlmurph2 said:

I have 231

Jesus Murph. 231 hours?!

I was close to bashing my head through a wall at 100 hours less than that

Yup lol watching tv, Hulu, and Netflix snapped surpresses the endless repetition.

Honestly, I now understand the value of XOne's snap...

...Because I did the similar thing, only I had to strategically position my tablet so I can watch sports while defeating Sardok on Heroic for the 46th time...

Around the Network
Burek said:
jlmurph2 said:
Angelus said:

Jesus Murph. 231 hours?!

I was close to bashing my head through a wall at 100 hours less than that

Yup lol watching tv, Hulu, and Netflix snapped surpresses the endless repetition.

Honestly, I now understand the value of XOne's snap...

...Because I did the similar thing, only I had to strategically position my tablet so I can watch sports while defeating Sardok on Heroic for the 46th time...

Glad to see that someone understands how valuable snap is. If only they could advertise it with Destiny's grinding lol.