By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Evolution is Religion. Big bang is a creed.

Tagged games:

Only fools...

Rush in. 4 40.00%

say that there is no God. 4 40.00%

4 your loving no more. 2 20.00%

Total:10
WagnerPaiva said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Maybe petrol, fossiles and even diamonds don´t need millions of years to form, just enough pressure for a little time, like a Great Flood event.

Give God a fair chance at least.

If that were the case Dinosaur and Human remains would be found in the same layers of earth...but they aren't.

Well, first of all, humans stayed as far away from these creatures as they could

Second: fossiles are super rare, it is not like that all that ever lived becomes a fossil. You need a Great Flood to create a bunch of them.

Third: There is a agenda to supress all evidence that validates God and the Bible. Even giants bones are hunted down and supressed so people do not add two plus two and realize what Genesis 6 and the Holy Wars of Moses were all about.

Fourth: The biggest, really, the only, weapon of evil is LIES. They will do whatever it takes to make a plausible narrative that takes God from the picture. 

Heck, that is why psichology and psychiatry were created: so never anyone would even think abou demon possession.

There is a conspiracy to drive people to damnation, cause the time is very very short. Evil already lost, he just wants to take as many as he can with him.

It is a 7 thousand years story, not a billions of years story. And it is getting to the awesome climax. So son now, at the door! 

That doesn't explain anything. Different locations but same time period still means that they should be in the same layers but in different locations on the globe. 

You've lost me. I'm out.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:

Science requires that you do not "assume" anything. First and foremost, you look at the evidence. Based on the evidence, you formulate a theory. You do not start with the answer. You build the answer based on what is observed. 

There is a thing called the Holy Spirit. Ask, in humble prayer, for God to give it to you, and you will never doubt again.

But, the thing is, you will realize how AWESOME God really is and how foolish we really are. So it is a big kick in the Ego´s chin...

However, I tell you this: it is sooooooo worth it. It is worth your life man =D

Just close your room door, get on your knees and say: "God, I don´t know who you are. I don´t even know if You exist. But I heard about the Holy Spirit, and, if you exist, I want it. Could you please give me?"

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

As a non-religious person my favorite passage from the Bible is John 8:32

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Strive for the truth; question everything. Once you have an explanation, you must except it.

"Be strong and courageous and do it. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed: for the Lord God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee... " Chronicles 28:20

Most of accepted science is tried and true, just except it. Dinosaurs didn't walk with man. There was no worldwide flood. And humans and bonobos are nearly identical when comparing DNA. There's nothing in the Bible, or any holy book, that refutes this evidence.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Why is it always science or religion? Facts or God? You can be religious and believe in God and still except the evidence and facts that science provides. Just because there wasn't a worldwide flood doesn't mean God is nonexistent.

WagnerPaiva said:
zarx said:
Science is a methodology for analyzing the observable universe, football is a religion.

Not really. why no scientist tests the Great Flood event as a valid hypothesis? It explains so much if you aply it to the world.

Science research all possibilities that EXCLUDE God and whatever is in the bible from the equation. to me this is a very combative and evil way to act and think.

To be fair, science should at least test the possibilites that the Earth is young and not old. That fossiles were created in the Flood.

That most of the dinossaurs and the megafauna are the "abomination of all flesh" mentioned in Genesis and Jasher, when men created animal hybrids with the help of fallen angels.

Just test it at least.

Maybe petrol, fossiles and even diamonds don´t need millions of years to form, just enough pressure for a little time, like a Great Flood event.

Those theories have been tested hundreds of times. They have failed every test tho. As for you supposed anti christian bias in the USA as of this year 24.4% identify as Atheists/Agnostics/No Religion, 24.9% Mainline Protestants, 19.1% Catholics and 17.1 Evangelical Protestants. And historically those numbers would have been even more lobsided. If anything there is a pro christian bias in the western scientific community. Many of the scientists that created the current scientific theories on the subject had to suffer through years of persecution by their predominantly christian peers. despite many of them being christian themselves.

Also if there was a global flood we should see a universal sediment layer that covers the entire earth at the same geological date. No such layer has been observed.

A global flood would require the ice caps to have melted, but core samples from the polls show 40k years worth of layers. This disproves the timescale proposed by the bible.

If all species of animal currently on earth came from a single landing point just we should see ecological diversity have an epicentre and gradually decrese further away from this point. We should also expect that migatory animals to all have a central migatory point. Also we would expect to see far less diversity within species. For eaxample there were only two eliphants on the ark, yet there are 4 species of elephant with 6 sub species. It would take far longer, genetic analysis has lead scientists to belive that Elephas and an elephant from Sri Lanka diverged from the mainland elephant population 300,000 years ago. Also why are their so many species specific to single countries or even smaller geographic locations all over the world if they all came from a single place? For example why are Koalas only found in Australia and there is no fossil record of them ever existing anywhere else?

How did so many species survive inbreeding depression? When most animals inbreed with close relations it causes Reduced fertility, Increased genetic disorders, Higher infant mortality, Depression on growth rate and Loss of immune system function.

If there was a mass flood we would expect that the fossil record would have a uniform gloabal layer with a mix of all species on the planet at the time. The fossil record however is actually found in a wide veriaty of geological layers with different evolutionary stages of species found sorted to the same order around the world. Ecological information is consistent within but not between layers. Fossil pollen is one of the more important indicators of different levels of strata. Each plant has different and distinct pollen, and, by telling which plants produced the fossil pollen, it is easy to see what the climate was like in different strata.

The oldest single living tree in the world is over 5,000 years old as indicated by it's tree rings. If it was submerged it would have died. In addition there is a clonal colony (all the trees are genetically identical and joined in a single root system) of trees called Pando which is 80,000 years old (some argue that it is actually over a million years old).And on the point of fauna how were all the different plant species preserved? There is no meantion of their being 2 of each seed on the ark. Most plant species and seeds would not survive being submerged with water for extended periods.

Why does for example Egypt have no record of the flood? The great Pyrimid predates the supposed flood by 300+ years and not only does it show no evidence of being submerged there are also no depictions of a flood in any of the records.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Honestly I just thought that at this point people took evolution and the Earth timescale as fact. Same with dinosaurs etc.

People are more than welcome to believe what they want, but I will stick to the cold hard facts, the near indisputable facts. Science may not have all the answers, but we may have them soon. And there's also a logical progression of facts, too. Whereas religion contradicts itself, has little evidence to support its theory aside from disproving other evidence to maintain its view of events, and just generally doesn't make sense.

I know plenty of religious people, and that's great. But they don't think that every animal fitted on one boat and that the Earth is only a few thousand years old. If that makes you feel good then great, but I wouldn't try forcing your opinions on others as though it's fact.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I just can't help but wonder why do people care too much on something they don't believe in. I mean no one ever saw God, except whatever is said in the Bible or whatever religious scripture says so. No one ever saw a single celled creature evolved into a man or saw the Big Bang happened but we just can't live with it, if someone believes one or the other for some freaking reason.

There is several real cientists that are catholic and none of them believe theories of creationism enough to test them.
Why do you think human history is a little more in the past than bible and human "fossils" predates biblic creation of man timeline?
carbon dating give us a good Idea of age and enthropy for measuring gives estimation of universe size and age. Bible just says it is because is.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

You clearly do not understand the big bang. All the big bang theory states is that there was an initial expansion from a singularity point to which all matter dispersed from. It doesn't say nor claims to know what happened before that event.

Do not post about science if you don't understand it.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

WagnerPaiva said:
zarx said:
Science is a methodology for analyzing the observable universe, football is a religion.

Not really. why no scientist tests the Great Flood event as a valid hypothesis? It explains so much if you aply it to the world.

Science research all possibilities that EXCLUDE God and whatever is in the bible from the equation. to me this is a very combative and evil way to act and think.

To be fair, science should at least test the possibilites that the Earth is young and not old. That fossiles were created in the Flood.

That most of the dinossaurs and the megafauna are the "abomination of all flesh" mentioned in Genesis and Jasher, when men created animal hybrids with the help of fallen angels.

Just test it at least.

If the planet was covered completely in water a few thousand years ago it would be obvious to any mediocre geologist. The fact is that there is absolutely no evidence for it at all, it has been tested and looked into. Everything we know about geology and formations tell us that the eart is billions of years old not thousands.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'