Still love my HD-DVD :( 10 1.78%

Digital + Blu-Ray 70 12.48%

Digital + DVD 21 3.74%

Digital + Blu-Ray + DVD 58 10.34%

DVD + Blu-Ray 50 8.91%

Total:561

dvd but i hardly ever buy movies or tv shows physical anymore

Around the Network

i always buys the Blu ray's digitally. and i only keep those worth keeping and sells the rest. i often buys when there is a discount on around 2$ and i can trade in 2 BRD's on gamestop with 1$ profit.. i do the same with games.. buys them cheap or discount and trades it in at gamestop with an profit.. ofc i've seen and played what i bought.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

With 4K Blu-Ray's coming, it's marketshare will only rise.

WolfpackN64 said:

how many layer discs will they need for 4k? I'd imagine they'd need 200Gigs. The availability of multi layer blu rays will only be good for consoles. 

Kerotan said:
phinch1 said:
Kerotan said:
Chris Hu said:
I'm pretty sure here in the US Blu ray is the majority of of the market. But it will never be as successful as DVD was as its peak thanks to streaming sites, on demand and digital sales.

Agreed about DVD being the peak. I think with the X1 going blu ray it will help the market get a nice bump. 

Xbone will with production of games help blu ray with a few million but I'd say film wise it won't make too much of a difference 

i won't disagree but lets say X1 sells 40-50M then that's a lot of blu ray players. Add in the PS4 prob doing 130M it's gonna help the blue ray film market no end. 

I think blu ray will become the norm sooner or later

Around the Network
benao87 said:
What? Is Blue Ray still a thing? XD

Are you even in the HD era yet or still stuck to 480p?

WolfpackN64 said:

I think it will shift the balance to streaming and digital even more.. don't think many people will be happy to spend money again on a new blu ray player and new discs of the same movies.. not to mention a 4K TV..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

digital isnt viable when data caps and shitastic internet combined for premium rates.

Blueray and dvd for me.

LiquorandGunFun said:
digital isnt viable when data caps and shitastic internet combined for premium rates.

Blueray and dvd for me.

i find it amazing that a country like the US has data caps.. wtf is wrong there with internet..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

Blueray and dvd for me.

i find it amazing that a country like the US has data caps.. wtf is wrong there with internet..

lol  i have theories but i havent really researched it with facts. but i am with you, WTF.