By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Cross 18 Million Mark By Years End... It Is Possible, It Will Occur

PS4 Will Cross 18M By Yrs End

lol 15 9.87%

yes it will you are correct 65 42.76%

no it wont 17M max 27 17.76%

16M 19 12.50%

15M 18 11.84%

Less than 15M 8 5.26%

Total:152

18M seems a bit high I think but still in the realm of possibility, I think 16-17 is overall more probable.

Around the Network

2,5 months to sell 6M.
is kinda possible.

1m+ October
2m+ November
3m+ December

Plus it is still undertracked so that adds up to at least 18m

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

zumnupy10 said:

The PS3 at freaking $600 dollars with "no games" and no where near the hype of the PS4 sold about 3.5mil in 2007 in the same time frame. So you are saying the PS4 will only sell 500k more than that?

It's exactly What I'm saying.

So over the next 3 months you feel the PS4 will sell a MAXIMUM of 4M wow that is a bold prediction indeed....it will hit more than that easy. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

18m is high but possible. It's at 11.8 now and might actually be closer to 12. It'll probably do nearly a million in October and then at least 2 million in both November and December.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Why, why does BHR-3 make an 18 million thread? I have learned not to bet against BHR playstation prediction threads. But I have made a firm prediction of 16.5 million with a max of 17 million. And now BHR turns up with 18 million to make me doubt my prediction.

Curse you! But I'm going to stick to my guns against my better judgement. PS4 will not reach 18 million this year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I'm thinking the end of this fiscal year is guaranteed but the end of this year probably more like 16m or 15.5m

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

I don´t see it.
I am thinking 15, 15.5....

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

TheBlackNaruto said:
zumnupy10 said:

PS4 stands at 12M right now.  If if reaches 16M by december 31, it will have sold 4M in two months.  

That's a great mark really for a console that isn't going to have a big system seller this holidays and which is by no means cheap.

The PS3 at freaking $600 dollars with "no games" and no where near the hype of the PS4 sold about 3.5mil in 2007 in the same time frame. So you are saying the PS4 will only sell 500k more than that?

Actually, the 40GB PS3 debuted in November 2007 for $399, whch was a steal for a cutting-edge game system/blu-ray player at the time.  That probably had something to do with the great PS3 numbers at the end of 2007.

OT:  Although PS4 sales have exceeded my expectations at every turn, I still maintain that it won't reach 18m sold by the end of 2014.  The only thing that would change my mind is if somehow we have it massively undertracked here.

BHR-3 said:

I know this has been discussed a lot of times. But I wanted to discuss it again. Sony have stated that they want to sell 17 million PS4 by April 2015. I think there is a small chance that PS4 might beat their expectations again.

This holiday will be huge. Sure there are less games compared to previous years but now there will be more focus on games. Destiny has the potential to be the biggest launch for a new IP. GTA V will be in PS4 with exclusive contents (multiplayer perks or DLC, who knows). Farcry 4 will be a big seller and has PS4 exlusive features. Little big planet 3 and driveclub wont do anything sales wise but will add variety for having games options.

I think that PS4 will cross 18 million numbers by 2014. And if everything goes right then it might cross 19 million numbers. It is possible for PS4 to beat expectations again.

PS: I request you guys not to derail the OP.

Quote to quote copy and paste from my thread.

daredevil.shark said:

I know this has been discussed a lot of times. But I wanted to discuss it again. Sony have stated that they want to sell 17 million PS4 by April 2015. I think there is a small chance that PS4 might beat their expectations again.

This holiday will be huge. Sure there are less games compared to previous years but now there will be more focus on games. Destiny has the potential to be the biggest launch for a new IP. GTA V will be in PS4 with exclusive contents (multiplayer perks or DLC, who knows). Farcry 4 will be a big seller and has PS4 exlusive features. Little big planet 3 and driveclub wont do anything sales wise but will add variety for having games options.

I think there is a very good possibility that PS4 will cross 15 million numbers by 2014. And if everything goes right then it might cross 17 million numbers. It is possible for PS4 to beat expectations again.

PS: I request you guys not to derail the OP.

Source: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=187909