By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 11 October 2014

ethomaz said:

HollyGamer said:

My thought exacly the same, in the end PS4 has sold Drive Club not the other way around Lol. They have the white bundled with drive club, i guess so many people like white PS4 afterall.

At least 300k in US September

I know in UK the White bundle is helping DriveClub sales... it is not out of possibility that US the same is happening... are there White DriveClub bundle in US? Or it is just EU?

About FH2... people needs to understand the racing userbase is more attracked by games like GT or Forza (mainline)... so DriveClub fits more they taste than FH2... the first game showed that with less than 2 million sales while Forza sold over 3 million.

White Driveclub bundle is EU exclusive, not even PAL regions have that.

As for its UK sales, I'm sure the quality of the game is an equally big reason for its decent sales.

Around the Network
drake_tolu said:

My prediction was:

PlatformN.AmericaEuropeJapanGLOBAL
33,000 37,000 252,000 346,000
102,000 128,000 10,000 303,000
45,000 22,000 1,000 94,000
10,000 27,000 5,000 53,000
21,000 18,000 6,000 51,000
18,000 10,000 100 33,000
4,000 7,000 9,000 24,000
3,000 4,000 100 8,000

Your prediction could be good , we'll see with real sales.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

zumnupy10 said:
Huge 3DS numbers, SSB is a mega system seller.

It's MH4G and the New 3DS launch week in Japan. Smash effect on this week was minor.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

bubblegamer said:
small44 said:

You can't generalize because you here some people saying they will buy a console for a game i don't say it's imposible but i doubt it

I truly am not generalizing. I've never seen so many PC elitists whine about having to get a console!

We will see

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

ethomaz said:

HollyGamer said:

My thought exacly the same, in the end PS4 has sold Drive Club not the other way around Lol. They have the white bundled with drive club, i guess so many people like white PS4 afterall.

I know in UK the White bundle is helping DriveClub sales... it is not out of possibility that US the same is happening... are there White DriveClub bundle in US? Or it is just EU?

About FH2... people needs to understand the racing userbase is more attracked by games like GT or Forza (mainline)... so DriveClub fits more they taste than FH2... the first game showed that with less than 2 million sales while Forza sold over 3 million.

300k? is this  the hardware number or the driveclub hard copy number?

my guess is the hardware is undertracked  alot in the sales chart but driveclub will be selling less, because i dont see on Uk chart as top ten games thus month. And the games comes as bundled and they also offering PS plus for the games.

Agree on that one, but me my self prefering FH2 instead of Forza 5 because if i want to get a mainline racing games i choose Grand Tourismo, (but thats if some people have multiple consoles).

Around the Network

HollyGamer said:

300k? is this  the hardware number or the driveclub hard copy number?

my guess is the hardware is undertracked  alot in the sales chart but driveclub will be selling less, because i dont see on Uk chart as top ten games thus month. And the games comes as bundled and they also offering PS plus for the games.

Agree on that one, but me my self prefering FH2 instead of Forza 5 because if i want to get a mainline racing games i choose Grand Tourismo, (but thats if some people have multiple consoles).

300k is the number of White PS4 consoles sold in September in US.

I think the FH2 sales are good and inline with what the first sold... some VGC users that were expecting more.

ethomaz said:

HollyGamer said:

The Driveclub/White PS4 bundle is only in Europe.

Aura7541 said:

Thanks... so we will need to wait Oct NPD.

ethomaz said:

Aura7541 said:

Thanks... so we will need to wait Oct NPD.

Flying in the face of all logic is this little gem:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82895/forza-horizon-2/USA/

Looks like they got it right after all. 

3DS be beastin'.