By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 11 October 2014

anamme said:
I know this is the hardware thread...but those Driveclub US software sales are suspect. 145k FW compared to Forza Horizon 2's 100k seems wrong somehow.

100k? Ohhhhhhh Forza Horizon 2 was adjusted.

Now 140k for week 1... 20k overtraked yet.

Fixing my previous post.

PS. DriveClub we will need to wait October NPD but I expect it to outsell easily FH2... FH is not a big franhcise... the first sold ~1.5m... mainline Forza sells a lot more.

Around the Network
small44 said:

You can't generalize because you here some people saying they will buy a console for a game i don't say it's imposible but i doubt it

I truly am not generalizing. I've never seen so many PC elitists whine about having to get a console!

small44 said:
It sad how vita can't even get a games available in all other consoles

You mean FIFA 15? It did release on the Vita, Wii U is the only platform it didn't release on.

ethomaz said:
anamme said:
I know this is the hardware thread...but those Driveclub US software sales are suspect. 145k FW compared to Forza Horizon 2's 100k seems wrong somehow.

100k? Ohhhhhhh Forza Horizon 2 was adjusted.

Now 140k for week 1... 20k overtraked yet.

Fixing my previous post.

and ps4 70k overtracked in the us as of 4th october

thats okay. i was 100k before september.

september alone was 130k undertracked

and now after the adjustment we got a decent fit

kowenicki said:
Its best I dont comment in this thread.

Lol, yet you just commented right there  -_-  . hahaha

Around the Network
Xevross said:
mornelithe said:

There's also no proof that it isn't, the only thing we do know is that it's routinely undertracked on VGC, and that even when Sony announces over 10m sold to customer, that's not enough for the site to update figures.  Now, I understand the reasoning behind IoI holding off (because he didn't know where to apply the numbers), but that doesn't make VGC's figures any more accurate.

He recently said that he was happy with his numbers for August 9th and feels he doesn't need to adjust them up. Not sure where I read that. I'm not saying VGC isn't under tracking and I wouldn't be surprised at all if PS4 is under tracked by more. For once, however, I am not expecting it to be more under.

IoI being happy with the numbers, doesn't mean they're accurate :)  Not sure why a site that tracks HW/SW sales wouldn't feel the need to adjust numbers that the world knows are low.  I could see him being forced to accept them, without receiving more itemized sales for him to update specific regions with, though.  But, I'd imagine he'd love to be able to shut everyone up about over/undertracked.  Personally, I'm just curious about the differences in the numbers IoI gets from each company, how they're itemized etc...  If the format that they're received in, is so much different, Sony (or whoever) might want to fix how they report PS4 sales.

prinz_valium said:

and ps4 70k overtracked in the us as of 4th october

thats okay. i was 100k before september.

september alone was 130k undertracked

and now after the adjustment we got a decent fit

Check again your data.

It is UNDER 20k lifetime in US.

This guy nailed it early in this thread:

NPD PS4 Sep US: 528k (LTD 4,488,000)

VGC 504k (LTD 4,470,241)

Under ~20k

VGC is on spot with NPD before September right now... Sep is a bit under.

small44 said:
Erazor_DJ said:
PS4 is an unstoppable machine, I can not imagine when you go bloodbourne and the order the same month ...

I don't think bloodbourne will be a big system seller worldwide i only see a boost in Japan

With the soul series having such a strong core fanbase I think it will give the PS4 a massive launch boost worldwide, but it will be gone by the following week. On

nintendo really know how to sell 3ds' in japan. I bet many japs have like 2 or 3, all about dem customisation

bubblegamer said:
anamme said:

That's just the power of the PS4 for ya. Also X1 had a racer last year already. This is PS4's first exclusive racer.

My thought exacly the same, in the end PS4 has sold Drive Club not the other way around Lol. They have the white bundled with drive club, i guess so many people like white PS4 afterall.