By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 11 October 2014

ethomaz said:
PS4 is closing half-million undertracked in PS4 (if already didn't crossed due September).

Wait what? is this real? so ~12,3 million right now?

Around the Network

Expected dropoff from the X1, but still.... going sub-100k isn't good. Nice to see the PS4 improving a bit in Japan, but still needs to do better.

prinz_valium said:
Neodegenerate said:
Burek said:

The bolded part is of course said because that bundle is $499. Which is a terrible value considering a regular console with game is $399 max. 1TB (well, a 500GB upgrade is definitely a bad deal, especially with XOne's ability to use external drives that are considerably cheaper...)

There is still 15 days for MS to drop the price. If that bundled gets lowered to regular $399, they will certainly win. But right now, I find it a bad price-value proposition. 

Had forgotten about the bolded there.  Definitely not a great value then on the bundle.  Probably will do worse than I am thinking.

ms want to make money on that bundle

if u want great value, u have to buy one of the others.

they need a better margain. and that 499 bundle is just perfect

Sure, perfect for MS, but terrible for consumers.

You can actually buy a regular console, CoD game separately, and have enough money for a small external HDD. Not to mention you get another free game with a cheaper bundle.

They are really fishing for suckers with this one...

OttoniBastos said:
ethomaz said:
PS4 is closing half-million undertracked in PS4 (if already didn't crossed due September).

Nah that's just etho being etho, its only about 200k under, so perhaps just over 12m. This won't be adjusted though, as ioi doesn't believe Sony's 10m as of August 10th to be true

OttoniBastos said:

It already passed 12 million if you add the ~200k under until August...

After that you have September (already under 20k in US) and first weeks of Octuber.

Yeap... I belived the undertracked gap is growing.

Around the Network

PS4 is an unstoppable machine, I can not imagine when you go bloodbourne and the order the same month ...

Xevross said:

Nah that's just etho being etho, its only about 200k under, so perhaps just over 12m. This won't be adjusted though, as ioi doesn't believe Sony's 10m as of August 10th to be true

It is 200-230k under until August... US September is under ~20k... what make you guess it is not under in September EU/RoW or these first weeks of October?

Yeap it is closing the half-million under in VGC without any action to fix the data.

And I find ridiculous "doesn't believe Sony's 10m as of August 10th" WTF this was not to be even in discussion with ioi to begin with.

Xbox One is now under 1000 units in Japan. What were they thinking? They needed one or two good exclusives to keep it above 1000 mark.

It sad how vita can't even get a games available in all other consoles

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

ethomaz said:

Xevross said:

It is 200-230k under until August... US September is under ~20k... what make you guess it is not under in September EU/RoW or these first weeks of October?

Yeap it is closing the half-million under in VGC without any action to fix the data.

And I find ridiculous "doesn't believe Sony's 10m as of August 10th" WTF this was not to be even in discussion with ioi to begin with.

There's no proof that it is under tracked for September now, apart from the tiny bit left in USA. The numbers for the last few weeks look right to me so I'd guess its 200-250k under tracked right now. Of course, I would love it to be more