By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon ORAS pre-orders are higher than X/Y!?

Ka-pi96 said:
drake_tolu said:

My favourite generation:

4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5

Interesting.

I'd go 3>1>4>5>6>2

I wasn't really a fan of Johto. Although Crystal version is probably one of my most played games ever so

I prefer the 4th generation because i love the Pokémon, Arceus is my favourite Pokémon, and Piplup my favourite starter. XD

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
drake_tolu said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Interesting.

I'd go 3>1>4>5>6>2

I wasn't really a fan of Johto. Although Crystal version is probably one of my most played games ever so

I prefer the 4th generation because i love the Pokémon, Arceus is my favourite Pokémon, and Piplup my favourite starter. XD

I get that. I loved the gen 4 pokemon as well. It is mostly the region that makes me prefer gen 3. Sinnoh was all cold and snowy and stuff, Hoenn is like a perfect tropical island, it even have Pokemon with fruit growing on them

Absolutely, I loved Hoenn because I'm a sucker for video games that take place in a tropical island. One of the reasons why I love Chrono Cross and Assassin's Creed 4. But I will say I loved Sinnoh's backstory and the mythology behind the creation of the world. 

InnocentSin said:
MohammadBadir said:

Ka-pi96 said:

Interesting.

I'd go 3>1>4>5>6>2

IMO:
3>5>2>1>4>6 or 6>4
I'm only counting the main 2 games.

counting the entire gen, I'd say:

3>5>4>2>1>6

So glad to see lots of Gen 3 love. I was always surrounded by people that were genwunners. 

Don't worry, I'm a genthreeer :P
Nah, jk.

Gen 3 was indeed my first gen, but I'm not biased towards it like some might think :P

I love Gen 3 because of its great new Pokemon, its great Legendaries, and best of all, its incredible smoothness.

Gen 4 was a trainwreck engine-wise, sure Platinum and HGSS fixed some of the slowness, but the engine was still pretty bad despite that.

Gen 1 and 2 were about as good as it can get for the old Gameboy, but I put them a bit lower in the list because I don't think they've aged all that well.
It was kinda hard playing Silver and Yellow back in the day after getting used to Sapphire, imagine how hard it is for me now after playing lots of other Pokemon games XP

Gen 5 ALMOST became my favorite gen, the newer and far more efficient engine was incredible! Especially after playing Gen 4 for so long! but alas I still prefer Gen 3 because it has 2 regions along with its buttery smoothness. Gen 5 probably matches it in the smoothness department, but 2 Regions > 1 and a modified version of it.

Can you import pokemon from X/Y?

Awesome! And in terms of marketing, Pokemon X and Y were advertised in theater screens with Frozen in the US (as well as Mario and Luigi Dream Team) so I expect to see the same deal this fall/winter.

Also:
5 (Black 2 - black tower, hot-key lists, legenaries, seasons, and Join Avenue FTW) > 4 (platinum)>3 (Emerald)>6 (X)>1 (Yellow) . Unfortunately, I never played a Johto game.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Awesome! And in terms of marketing, Pokemon X and Y were advertised in theater screens with Frozen in the US (as well as Mario and Luigi Dream Team) so I expect to see the same deal this fall/winter.

Also:
5 (Black 2 - black tower, hot-key lists, legenaries, seasons, and Join Avenue FTW) > 4 (platinum)>3 (Emerald)>6 (X)>1 (Yellow) . Unfortunately, I never played a Johto game.

Not even the gen 4 remakes of them? :o

Not even those

I bought Platinum the year before the remakes came out. And then black and white was coming the next year. Too much Pokemon games releasing too soon and I already had two gen IV games.

Pretty cool but alas... I doubt it will outsell x and y

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ka-pi96 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Up for a bet on that?

I wouldn't do that!!!! Trust me

Ka-pi96 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Up for a bet on that?

Loll sure! What's the bet?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

MohammadBadir said:
InnocentSin said:
MohammadBadir said:

Ka-pi96 said:

Interesting.

I'd go 3>1>4>5>6>2

IMO:
3>5>2>1>4>6 or 6>4
I'm only counting the main 2 games.

counting the entire gen, I'd say:

3>5>4>2>1>6

So glad to see lots of Gen 3 love. I was always surrounded by people that were genwunners. 

Don't worry, I'm a genthreeer :P
Nah, jk.

Gen 3 was indeed my first gen, but I'm not biased towards it like some might think :P

I love Gen 3 because of its great new Pokemon, its great Legendaries, and best of all, its incredible smoothness.

Gen 4 was a trainwreck engine-wise, sure Platinum and HGSS fixed some of the slowness, but the engine was still pretty bad despite that.

Gen 1 and 2 were about as good as it can get for the old Gameboy, but I put them a bit lower in the list because I don't think they've aged all that well.
It was kinda hard playing Silver and Yellow back in the day after getting used to Sapphire, imagine how hard it is for me now after playing lots of other Pokemon games XP

Gen 5 ALMOST became my favorite gen, the newer and far more efficient engine was incredible! Especially after playing Gen 4 for so long! but alas I still prefer Gen 3 because it has 2 regions along with its buttery smoothness. Gen 5 probably matches it in the smoothness department, but 2 Regions > 1 and a modified version of it.

Agree with what you say except for the two regions. Gen three hd only one region, Hoenn.

unless you mean the remade Kanto in FR/LG. Which was also connectable and set in the same time period.... But I don't think you meant that.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com