By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has 40k install base in South Africa

Mr Puggsly said:
fluky-nintendy said:
PS4 reaches every where in the world!

So does Wii and Xbox. But they never get praised for an install base of 40K.

Because neither have of them have an install base of 40k. Is the Wii U even out there? 

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
fluky-nintendy said:

Because neither have of them have an install base of 40k. Is the Wii U even out there? 

If those platforms had the same install base there there would be no praise.

People would say something like... "why do they even bother releasing their console there?"

Anyhow, forget I'm here. I'm just confused by the celebrating.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
fluky-nintendy said:

People would say something like... "why do they even bother releasing their console there?"

Derail much.

Ot gg ps4

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Mr Puggsly said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
fluky-nintendy said:

Celebration? It's tracking ahead of every console last gen. It's doing well. Posting said good news and stating the obvious isn't cheerleading.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mr Puggsly said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
fluky-nintendy said:

This wasnt meant to be a celebration thread, although the growth is a positive.

I was just sharing the news, its quite rare that we get actual numbers from one of the "other" regions. I also think that the numbers are more than what people would expect. I remember getting into a discussion with someone here who said that launch period numbers in SA wouldnt be above 2k. Given that we are already at 40k I would say more than 2k was likely for launch period.

The Wii dominated last gen, even in South Africa. The 360 also made big inroads in PS market share, last gen. The delayed launch of X1 has severly impacted the landscape though, shifting momentum back to PS. The WiiU is also struggling quite badly here.

If i see any articles for any other console sales in SA i will be sure to post them :) If X1 can match these numbers then it would be unprecendented in SA and would definitely deserve praise.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
SnowPrince said:
Shinobi-san said:
MoHasanie said:
Not bad. Its not that large of a market but I'm sure its the biggest in Africa.

lol i would think so...by quite a big margin.

No that big actually, here in morocco, we had 50 consoles on launch day in my local Virgin store, they flew within seconds.

I think we'd have over 40k now but it's mostly imported from Europe. Few "Legal" stores exist here, and in all Africa.

You really feel morocco will have equal sales to SA...hmm im not sure about that. Would be nice to have raw numbers to compare.

That being said, apart from the handful of the top African economies the rest would be far behind.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

ethomaz said:

Shinobi-san said:

Where did you get those numbers from Etho :O

GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135098920&postcount=222

They have for first 10 months for PS3 too.

PlayStation 3 - 28,500 (April 2007 - February 2008)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=135100864&postcount=235

That is why the news says > 40% for PS4 compared with PS3 in the same period.

Did someone on GAF post it before i posted it on Vizioneck :?

Would have been nice to have been the first to post the news lol XD Even though its just a normal artcle :/

sales beast

xb1 realse was last month. any numbers?

That's good numbers and it's nice to see the PS4 tracking ahead of its predecessor in South Africa

prinz_valium said:
sales beast

xb1 realse was last month. any numbers?

None that I know of unfortunately :(

Maybe Ethomaz knows if theres any numbers floating around on GAF...