By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has 40k install base in South Africa

I follow both places and I read from you first, @Shinobi-san.
I even was about to post in GAF when I lost my 3G (I was traveling). The GAFer posted before this thread and now they opened a thread there too.

If you wish to see what they think...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=915817

The numbers are really good.

Around the Network

Nothing in GAF about Xbone... they have only the last figure released before this PS4... June 2008 for all consoles.

Edit - They have December 2009 figures too.

Leadified said:

Sounds like a pretty decent start so far, it could get beyond 500K LT I think. Also welcome back!

Pff... Above 700K.

drake_tolu said:
Leadified said:

Sounds like a pretty decent start so far, it could get beyond 500K LT I think. Also welcome back!

Pff... Above 700K.

Only PS2 did over 700k there... all others hardware did less than 500k... to be fair I guess neither crossed 400k too.

Mr Puggsly said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
fluky-nintendy said:
PS4 reaches every where in the world!

So does Wii and Xbox. But they never get praised for an install base of 40K.

Because neither have of them have an install base of 40k. Is the Wii U even out there? 

If those platforms had the same install base there there would be no praise.

People would say something like... "why do they even bother releasing their console there?"

Anyhow, forget I'm here. I'm just confused by the celebrating.

Why does praise for Ps get you so mad, why does it doing well affect you negativly ?  There is no prasie becasue they arent selling well in those small markets, people probbaly wouldnt you just are trying to muster up pity from people for a product and how its viewed.  Thats kinda weird.  

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
drake_tolu said:
Leadified said:

Pff... Above 700K.

Only PS2 did over 700k there... all others hardware did less than 500k... to be fair I guess neither crossed 400k too.

"  PS4 will outsell PS2 mathaffakka!

3DS will sell 2/3 than DS.

XO will sell almost x2 the first XBOX.

Wii U will sell more than N64.

PSVita will sell almost 1/4 PSP."

EDIT(For the mod): The "mathaffakka"  is not addressed to you.

drake_tolu said:

" PS4 will outsell PS2 mathaffakka!

3DS will sell 2/3 than DS.

XO will sell almost x2 the first XBOX.

Wii U will sell more than N64.

PSVita will sell almost 1/4 PSP."

EDIT(For the mod): The "mathaffakka"  is not addressed to you.

Cool.

PS. I'm not senssitive to mathaffakka

ethomaz said:

Nothing in GAF about Xbone... they have only the last figure released before this PS4... June 2008 for all consoles.

Edit - They have December 2009 figures too.

Did not know 360 and PS3 were so close, even though i knew it had taken a good share of the market. That was pretty obvious just going on anecdotal evidence.

But considering that this was numbers from 2008/9 which was before the PS3 price drops and big game releases.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|