By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Upcoming Wii U exclusive Football game, Madmen Football, 1st screenshots and footage

fatslob-:O said:
Nem said:

Probably different teams. They also said they would love to make Bayonetta 3, and with the review scores, i dont see why Nintendo wouldnt want that.

The chances of them having different teams to develop another WII U title is slim to nil since Microsoft funded AAA games require an enormous amount of resources to develop so it's likely that all of Platinum Game's development team are busy working on Scalebound. 

Just because Platinum Games said that they would like to make Bayonetta 3 doesn't mean that Nintendo will be happy enough to greenlight a sequel ... 

So? Both Nintendo and Konami asked them to make a game, and we got both. And why wouldn't Nintendo fund a sequel to what's probably the best game Platinum ever made?

Around the Network
XanderXT said:

You're acting as if they'll never make another Wii U game.

I don't know that but so far there are no new games announced for the WII U from platinum games ...

Nem said:

Probably different teams. They also said they would love to make Bayonetta 3, and with the review scores, i dont see why Nintendo wouldnt want that.

The chances of them having different teams to develop another WII U title is slim to nil since Microsoft funded AAA games require an enormous amount of resources to develop so it's likely that all of Platinum Game's development team are busy working on Scalebound. 

Just because Platinum Games said that they would like to make Bayonetta 3 doesn't mean that Nintendo will be happy enough to greenlight a sequel ... 

No, the review scores/quality would be the reason.

Development on scalebound has been going in parallel with Bayonetta 2. As long as the projects are funded they can hire more people. Platinum actually has a good track record of released games. Havent they released Metal gear rising, W101 and Bayonetta 2 in the space of a year(and that Anachy reigns game shortly before)? I think they are bigger than you think. Either that or very efficient.

With that said, what would be the point of putting more producers and directors, artists in a project that already has them? They are obviously gonna be put on a new project.

XanderXT said:

So? Both Nintendo and Konami asked them to make a game, and we got both. And why wouldn't Nintendo fund a sequel to what's probably the best game Platinum ever made?

Do you really think that Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta 2 are anywhere near as ambitious as Scalebound ? 

Just because it's the best game that Platinum has ever made doesn't mean that Nintendo is looking to please the fans out of good will ... 

Nem said:

Development on scalebound has been going in parallel with Bayonetta 2. As long as the projects are funded they can hire more people. Platinum actually has a good track record of released games. Havent they released Metal gear rising, W101 and Bayonetta 2 in the space of a year(and that Anachy reigns game shortly before)? I think they are bigger than you think. Either that or very efficient.

With that said, what would be the point of putting more producers and directors, artists in a project that already has them? They are obviously gonna be put on a new project.

Review scores don't mean squat in the real world ... 

Do you have any proof that development on Scalebound has been in parallel with Bayonetta 2 ? If my memory serves me correctly it only got announced at E3 this year without any ingame footage to boot ... If anything Scalebound has hardly been in any sort of meaningful development apart from conceptualization and making that trailer. The thing is Platinum games used to have more employees to be able to pull off faster game releases but now they went from 300 people to 170. 

Cause the game has yet to be in full scale production ? 

Around the Network

:( At least if it were a proper football game, not that thing that they play in the US

zorg1000 said:
obviously Madmen Football isn't it but I do believe Nintendo needs their own line of sports games. Not Mario Sports and not like EA Sports but a middle ground between the two. Something with a mix of realistic & cartooney graphics and a mix of the two styles of gameplay. they follow the rules of the sports but players have special power ups and whatnot.

not meant as a competitor to EA Sports but rather a substitute to them for people who don't want hyper realistic sports games and don't want Mario in every game. make them relatively cheap ($29.99) and release 1-2 sports per year so the console has all the major sports by the end of its life. football, baseball, soccer, basketball, golf, boxing, tennis

Nintendo should get their hands on NFL Blitz, NBA Jam, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, and The Bigs IPs.

EA has the rights to Blitz, Jam, and NHL Arcade. 2K has the rights to The Bigs.

Nintendo already has soccer covered with Mario strikers.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

The only football game where Washington will be good lmao.

I was hoping it would be a game starring the cast of Madmen lol.

Personally, I think Nintendo should team up with Square again and release the ultimate crossover game...

Final Fantasy Football... awww yeah bitchez!!!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Nem said:

Review scores don't mean squat in the real world ... 

Do you have any proof that development on Scalebound has been in parallel with Bayonetta 2 ? If my memory serves me correctly it only got announced at E3 this year without any ingame footage to boot ... If anything Scalebound has hardly been in any sort of meaningful development apart from conceptualization and making that trailer. The thing is Platinum games used to have more employees to be able to pull off faster game releases but now they went from 300 people to 170. 

Cause the game has yet to be in full scale production ? 

Hmm... and do you have prove that it wasnt in parallel production? From that point of view we are both speculating as we have no way of knowing.

The number of employees is directly proportional to the number of projects funded. The fact that they reduced tells me they have less projects funded. Its not surprising given that namco and SEGA seemed to have dropped them and i am unsure if Konami is interested in Rising 2 after all the trouble they went through.

What we can tell is that Platinum showed interest in making Bayonetta 3. If they showed interest, its because they want to make it. If someone funds it, they will. Its all up to Nintendo, and in Nintendo's house it all comes down to quallity + sales. Xenoblade for example, wasnt a huge seller, but its quality was enough for Nintendo to buy the studio and fund a sequal.

Nem said:

Hmm... and do you have prove that it wasnt in parallel production? From that point of view we are both speculating as we have no way of knowing.

The number of employees is directly proportional to the number of projects funded. The fact that they reduced tells me they have less projects funded. Its not surprising given that namco and SEGA seemed to have dropped them and i am unsure if Konami is interested in Rising 2 after all the trouble they went through.

What we can tell is that Platinum showed interest in making Bayonetta 3. If they showed interest, its because they want to make it. If someone funds it, they will. Its all up to Nintendo, and in Nintendo's house it all comes down to quallity + sales. Xenoblade for example, wasnt a huge seller, but its quality was enough for Nintendo to buy the studio and fund a sequal.

As a matter of fact I do have evidence to say it wasn't in production parallel to Bayonetta 2 and Microsoft's E3 showing tells me that Scalebound is far from mass production. What exactly do you have ? 

Namco was never interested with Platinum Games to begin with as that's evident according to the history of their published games. Sega definitely isn't interested seeing as how Bayonetta didn't perform to their expectations including Vanquish and after witnessing the bomb that is Anarchy Reigns, Sega got so unbelievably fed up for funding Platinum Games. 

With Nintendo one can never be to sure of what their going to do next ...