By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - About Evolution Studio

What shall Sony do?

Close it 5 6.10%

Close it and retain some people for polyphony 11 13.41%

Give it another chance 57 69.51%

See results 9 10.98%

Total:82

Well I've said this before but I think Sony might close em, either that or big layoffs.

Around the Network

They should have made a Motorstorm game then went back to the roots of the original, but with tighter controls.

Wow relax with the Sony should drop the studio because of one failed launch the studio is able to make great racers which aren't GT. Sure they made a few mistakes and their next game shouldn't be so online orientated for sure, but saying they made an unforgivable fault is bullshit, they made a racer which many who actually played loved I included. The driving mechanics, graphics and sense of speed are top notch and they made a very flexible engine which can even be used for off road racing according to Paul rusty (yes I can't spell his last name). So they didn't (completely) screw up 2 years and let's say a 20 million euro budget.

So they could make a motorstorm or a good rally racer with this engine, perhaps they even send some or all for the matter of their car models to polyphone, which only has to alter the way it drives to make it compatible with gt 7. Furthermore PD should defentily ask for that fucking koenigsegg since I WANT A KOENIGSEGG IN GT7, ditch the standard cars 300 cars is plenty for gt7

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

They deserve another shot, if they can recover from this properly
Like more content on the PS+ mode ( not a whole lot, but just as a kind gesture for fucking up), more free DLC and good community relations once they can surpass this. The motorstorm series was great and this was their only big misstep (Apocalypse didn't sell well but it probably was related to the day)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I think they wont close the studio but there will be some layoffs cause this is ridiculous... I mean, people are paying $60 a year to play online and the server issues that DC has been having are completely unacceptable

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Nope they must make my Wipeout PS4 so obviously they can't be closed since ninty already announced that they don't have a f-zero down the pipeline.

Actualy this would be a great idea. Why should they make racing games similar to what other studios offer when Sony has a franchise that needs to be revived. I think Evolution would make a great Wipeout game.

Layoff please. They really deserve it.

They knew about the server issues before North America release but they decided to release full price DC and delay the ps+ edition forever just to get more sales from impatient ppl. R u f***** kidding me?

Fei-Hung said:
They should also create a new studio who's sole job would be to create cars that both Evo and Polyphony can share. Why pay for the job to be done twice? That's something someone would do who had more money than brains and I think Sony are far off from being in a position to throw money away.

Not a bad idea, if this was ever to happen they can do the same for the sound departments as well, just close the one at Polyphony and build up a database using the same approach as Evo have. Imo if there's one thing Evo got right, it's the car sounds.

Qwark said:

Wow relax with the Sony should drop the studio because of one failed launch the studio is able to make great racers which aren't GT. Sure they made a few mistakes and their next game shouldn't be so online orientated for sure, but saying they made an unforgivable fault is bullshit, they made a racer which many who actually played loved I included. The driving mechanics, graphics and sense of speed are top notch and they made a very flexible engine which can even be used for off road racing according to Paul rusty (yes I can't spell his last name). So they didn't (completely) screw up 2 years and let's say a 20 million euro budget.

So they could make a motorstorm or a good rally racer with this engine, perhaps they even send some or all for the matter of their car models to polyphone, which only has to alter the way it drives to make it compatible with gt 7. Furthermore PD should defentily ask for that fucking koenigsegg since I WANT A KOENIGSEGG IN GT7, ditch the standard cars 300 cars is plenty for gt7

Agreed. I love the Koenigsegg too, awesome drive!

Yet I don't want car models and sounds to be shared between games. Leave the games some room for personality. Do people want standardized guns and sounds in shooters? I hate it when games use the same sound effects. The same standard iron gate/door opening sound effect appears in almost every game, and tons of tv shows, drives me nuts.

Evolution studios did a great job with the single player. Yes they fucked up the server code, no need to close the studio for that. It will be fixed. I don't understand the complaints of low content either. Motorstorm had 8 tracks, Pacific rift 16, Apocalypse 10, Drive club 25 unique tracks. DC has pretty much the same AI behaviour and difficulty curve as Motorstorm, yet now it's not fun anymore.

It would be cool if they added motorbikes, fun to drive on the existing tracks. And maybe a rally expansion pack with rally tracks in these environments.
A new motorstorm and Wipeout are very welcome too!

Pretty slim pickings for racing this holiday on current gen. Project cars delayed, no NFS, no GT7 prologue or teaser, no F1, no rally game. Hopefully the crew turns out to be fun.

How about let the devs go back to making decent games... Fuck Motorstorm, fuck #graphicsclub....