By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War Xbox One To Be Cross-Gen?

News: Gears of War Xbox One To Be Cross-Gen?

Black Tusk Studios, the developers who have been tasked with carrying on the Gears of War series, are currently working on a new title for the Xbox One, though there’s also a chance that there’s an Xbox 360 version in development too.

A job posting on the official website for the company gives the most subtle hint that the next Gears of War game will be a cross-gen release.

The job posting states that “experience working on the Gears of War franchise” would be a significant advantage and that “PS3 or Xbox 360 development experience” is a requirement for the role being advertised.

Another thing worth noting is that none of the job adverts actually mention any specific console or next-gen for that matter. It’s entirely possible that the new Gears of War game will be a cross-gen release as it would generate more sales for Microsoft, something the company was smart to realise with Forza Horizon 2 which also saw a cross-gen release.

An email has been sent to Black Tusk but we’re not holding our breath for any meaningful reply. If we actually get given any information worth writing about, I’ll eat my hat. I’ll have to buy one first, but non-the-less, I’ll eat it.

Source: http://www.thegamescabin.com/news-gears-war-xbox-one-cross-gen/#.VEICHldauUk

Around the Network

I seriously doubt it. The game is not out before 2016, and no game should be cross gen by then (except EA's sports games).
In 2015 we will see a further drop in last gen sales, making those games less and less feasible to produce.
And if Halo 5 is going to be on XOne exclusively, I seriously doubt this one will be cross gen a year later.

There's not a whole lot of developers with experience developing specifically on current gen systems so the qualifications make sense to attract veterans of last gen consoles ...

That's not really proof or anything. They probably just want experienced console developers. Considering PS4 and XBO have only been out for less than a year it's not a surprise they want people who worked on last gen tech.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

If they were smart, they would make it exclusive for the Xbox One.

If this is true then an individual like myself could play the Next Gears Of War WITHOUT the new Next Gen Xbox One console.

I could play it and get the full experience on 360.

Lol there is like no such thing as REAL next-gen games anymore. I have Destiny on PS4 and it says "Destiny is a Next Gen FPS" LMAO! This aint no damn next gen game.. it's on the PS3. It is nothing more than a PS3 game on PS4 just like how this supposed rumor of the next Gears Of War will also be nothing more than a 360 game on Xbox One.

Take it from a PS fan, make the game a TRUE Xbox One exclusive. Help YOURSELVES out. Don't be stupid..

Around the Network

I hope not... Gears is one of the main franchises that MS has that push hardware and if they have it cross-gen, then it won't be as effective as if it were exclusive to the x1! (Exclusive Exclusive that is)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

That would be a bad idea in my opinion.

The Xbox One needs anything it can get to keep pace with the PS4 in America, let alone the rest of the world and going multi-platform will enable Xbox 360 owners to avoid buying the Xbox One for the game will harm console sales.

I would also consider the effect that developing for multiple platforms may have on them optimizing the game for Xbox One.It's is my opinion that the games that went next gen only look better than those that have not.

It would be akin to Uncharted 4 being on the PS3 as well as the PS4.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Not happening, probably just looking for people with plenty of experience working on PS360 to make the transition to working on X1 easier. I can see them doing another side-story Gears title for 360 prior to Gears 4 coming out, but no way in hell will the next main game in the series be cross-gen.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

They should make it 100% exclusive for like a year at least. It would sell a lot of Xbox One consoles.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Doubt it, it will be a bit silly if they did so.