By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last three games you bought and how do you rate them.

Tagged games:

Why did you buy this last game?

Cause I wanted it! 45 73.77%

Cause it was cheap. 8 13.11%

Cause I have a problem... 8 13.11%

Total:61
binary solo said:

Diablo III (PS4 edition) 6/10. I haven't finished a whole play through yet but I've played enough to know that the Diablo style isn't really my thing. So quite disappointed. $70 US (I think not sure about exchange rate).

The Last of Us (PS3). 9/10 fantastic game deserves all the praise it's got. $70 US

Smite. 8/10 great MOBA spent hours and hours playing it, and it hasn't cost me a bean. My brother did gift me the ultimate god pack and that costs $30 US.     

Oh yeah, THE LAST OF US is the kind of game that you do not want to end, cause it is so good. What a masterpiece.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Skyrim Legendary Edition -- 8.9 --  $19

The game is awfully repetitive but there is so much to explore that it just kind of steals away your time.  The sheer amount of content is why I give it a high score.  That, and I've spent hours looking through mods.

Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- 7.5 -- like $5 or something on sale, I dunno exactly.

Entertaining and quirky point-&-click puzzle game.  Really dark sense of humor.  Kind of got tired of loading screens.

Crap.  I just realized that I've been living off of PS+ for so long that I've forgotten what I bought before that.  Wow.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (for 3DS) - 8.5/10
The game is great. Loved the gameplay, story and the presentation. Luigi is awesome in this game. The way he worries about his brother and what he does when Mario is in danger are very cool. 

Waaaaaaaay too much handholding though. It took 6 hours until the game allows me to understand it by my self.

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - 7.8/10
It doesn't have what it takes to be a 8, but it is a lot of fun. Fanfare really well done and many extras. It was my first musou and i enjoyed it greatly.

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii, but i have been playing on the Wii U) - 9.5/10
Amazing game. I loved everything about it so far, but i didn't ended it yet, so the score could change.

Great gameplay, music and story. Got me really hyped for X next near. One of the best games i played in the recent years.

vkaraujo said:

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (for 3DS) - 8.5/10
The game is great. Loved the gameplay, story and the presentation. Luigi is awesome in this game. The way he worries about his brother and what he does when Mario is in danger are very cool. 

Waaaaaaaay too much handholding though. It took 6 hours until the game allows me to understand it by my self.

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - 7.8/10

It doesn't have what it takes to be a 8, but it is a lot of fun. Fanfare really well done and many extras. It was my first musou and i enjoyed it greatly.

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii, but i have been playing on the Wii U) - 9.5/10

Amazing game. I loved everything about it so far, but i didn't ended it yet, so the score could change.

Great gameplay, music and story. Got me really hyped for X next near. One of the best games i played in the recent years.

I somehow hope that they will release Xenoblade for WiiU in some form, maybe as a extra on the X game, but that would suck cause it is probably a huge download file =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

pokoko said:

Skyrim Legendary Edition -- 8.9 --  $19

The game is awfully repetitive but there is so much to explore that it just kind of steals away your time.  The sheer amount of content is why I give it a high score.  That, and I've spent hours looking through mods.

Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- 7.5 -- like $5 or something on sale, I dunno exactly.

Entertaining and quirky point-&-click puzzle game.  Really dark sense of humor.  Kind of got tired of loading screens.

Crap.  I just realized that I've been living off of PS+ for so long that I've forgotten what I bought before that.  Wow.

Me too brother, the free PSN games are awesome. Spelunk is pretty amazing for a free game. Also LONE SURVIVOR.

Around the Network

Alien: Isolation PS4 9/10 $60

The atmosphere is great as is the AI, sound, music and overall presentation. Contrary to some reviewers who apparently spent all their time in lockers, that's the worst place to be after being out in the open. Get behind stuff and move and it goes a lot smoother with a lot more activity.

Mega Man 2 NES 9.5/10 $20

The control, level design, weapons and soundtrack are all top notch. There are a few cheap spots, but overall this is about as good as an action platformer can get. I grabbed it from a new local retro game shop.

Shovel Knight WiiU 9.5/10 $15

Superb platforming, level design, items, soundtrack and bosses as well as charm make this a contender for 2014 GOTY in my book.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare PS3 8.5/10 $10

It's a great value with cool direction, a fresh setting, great soundtrack and a lot of stuff to do. I think the somewhat clunky control in combat holds it back from a 9 or better.

R-Type Final PS2 8/10 $4

It's full of cool weapons and great shmup action and bosses. I scored it on ebay for super cheap.

Mario Kart 8WiiU 9.5/10 $60

Impressive framerates, graphics, vivid color, charming characters, customization, tight control, intense online racing and family fun makes this another GOTY contender imo. If the battle mode and lobby system were better, it would be a 10/10.

Halo The Master Chief Collection- $60- 10/17/2014 No rating since I haven't played this one either

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare- 10/17/2014- $60 and No rating since I haven't played this one either

Destiny- $99 - don't recall the date but it was pre ordered- 7/10

All games are bought day one from PSN store, so the price is 1/2 of the retail...

July/August - The Last of Us Remastered - 7/10 - A decent game, but nothing more. It is just way too flat, seems stuck in 2nd gear for the entire duration... I can't remember the last time I was hoping the game is shorter than it actually is. It was a chore to finish it, and I finally forced myself to do it after a 15 day break.

September - Destiny - 8/10 - It's a lot of fun, but there is only so many times I can kill Sardok on Heroic or complete 6 patrol missions on Cosmodrome before one's brain cells start committing suicide. And I am certainly not scavenging for 73 more Helium Filaments to increase my Light level by three points. It was a nice experience, but I am never returning there, especially not paying $20 for a few more missions.

The Evil Within - no score - still on Chapter 1, but so far I like it very much.

Ryse - 3/10
MK8 - 6.5/10
Alien Isolation - 8/10

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Wii U) - $9.75 (sale) - 8/10
Haven't beaten it yet, but pretty fun so far. Easy to control, kickass soundtrack

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - $40 - 8.5/10
Super fun, better control than expected, and infinitely better online than Brawl, but feels somewhat half-baked in several regards.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Wii U Virtual Console) - $5 (sale) - 9.5/10
I borrowed it a while ago for GBA and have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to play it again. Some bullshit side-quests aside, yet another fantastic entry in the Zelda series.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS