By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Since Launch PS4 Accumulated A 1M Lead On XB1 In Its Home Territory

PS4 has a 1M lead on XB1 in US

congratz it will keep growing 312 89.91%

meh Xb1 will shrink that during the holidays 35 10.09%

Total:347
Intrinsic said:
FightingSmile said:
I guess it would only make sense after SONY did everything right with the ps4 in comparison with the xbone. My only main concern with these batch of consoles is that they are already outdated, hardware wise severely

That is only really true if you look at the world through a PC hardware Microscope.

I think people forget that some of those high end GPUs in a PC has an asking price of over $1000. Just for the GPU. When people say outdated, I just hope they can look at exactly what you are getting for $400. And see if its possible to match that on a PC without making concessions either. And what some also forget is that when you can comfortably match that on a PC, the consoles will cost under $300. Then the question becomes building a $300 PC that will give you everything a console would.

Don't even get me started on optimization.

Its not and it won't be for about 2-3 years. By which, economies of scale will decrease PS4/XB1 price further

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Impressie and well deserved. May it continue!

FentonCrackshell said:
Not insurmountable. My guess is that X1 will rule the roost in the U.S. in due time.

I mean why though?

The XB1 has virtually nothing in its favor in the US right now.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I wouldn't say it was a bloodbath last gen. I mean the PS3 launched a year later than the Xbox 360 and pretty much gained every year. It just looked like Xbox was winning because it took so long for Sony to catch up.

d21lewis said:
I wouldn't say it was a bloodbath last gen. I mean the PS3 launched a year later than the Xbox 360 and pretty much gained every year. It just looked like Xbox was winning because it took so long for Sony to catch up.

In the USA it never was catching up.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
d21lewis said:

In the USA it never was catching up.

Oh yeah.  Forgot about that.

Just goes to show that all of that "Americans buy American consoles because of patriotism" talk wasn't true.  The Xbox apparently had some sort of value to the consumer and now the Playstation  has taken that spot.

But the gap was suppose to decrease globally in US after the Chinatown launch.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
FentonCrackshell said:
Not insurmountable. My guess is that X1 will rule the roost in the U.S. in due time.

I mean why though?

Yes. But that's right now. Who knows that the future holds. I don't really foresee X1 cathing PS4 worldwide but I see it passing PS4 in the U.S. market. It'll take a few new Halos, Gears, etc. but it'll happen.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:

Yes. But that's right now. Who knows that the future holds. I don't really foresee X1 cathing PS4 worldwide but I see it passing PS4 in the U.S. market. It'll take a few new Halos, Gears, etc. but it'll happen.

That won't happen.

It will win some NPDs but lifetime sales will be always in PS4 favor in US.

FentonCrackshell said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
FentonCrackshell said:

I mean why though?

XB1 may have Halo and Gears, but PS4 has Uncharted, God Of War, Gran Turismo, better 3rd party multiplats and more variety of exclusives catering to fans of different genres.