By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA5 PS4 Bundle Officially announced (Europe Only At The Moment)

Don't underestimate the Microsoft stuff guys.

- MCC XB1 bundle + Sunset Overdrive exclusive
- COD XB1 bundle

And GTA5 is also on XB1.

Sony really need something more for the holidays because I expect Microsoft to have very low prices, probably $399 (maybe less) for the Halo bundle.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

teigaga said:

Was there ever any world wide? I think the only real competition is in North America relating specifically to November. I still think the Xbox will take 2 weeks there.

I see just MCC launch because after that week GTAV will be launched.

I'm also looking at the Sunset Overdrive/white Xbox or COd week 1TB bundle weeks, both releases are 4 days apart but will presumably come under different weeks.

globalisateur said:

- COD XB1 bundle

And GTA5 is also on XB1.

Sony really need something more for the holidays because I expect Microsoft to have very low prices, probably $399 (maybe less) for the Halo bundle.

MS are already going with low prices, TV advert just on was £329 now in UK....

Sunset Overdrive I am afraid is not going to sell that many new consoles, its just not a game that I feel appeals to a wide audience. So that leaves COD and MCC, both which will definately help... but Sony will have GTAV and LBP and Farcry, so i think they are in a better place.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:

MS are already going with low prices, TV advert just on was £329 now in UK....

Sunset Overdrive I am afraid is not going to sell that many new consoles, its just not a game that I feel appeals to a wide audience. So that leaves COD and MCC, both which will definately help... but Sony will have GTAV and LBP and Farcry, so i think they are in a better place.

I posted the links before... Xbone bundle in UK is £305 with SO or TET + free game.

OttoniBastos said:

LBP 2 sales suffered from the 2011 psn takedown.

It was one of the games sony gave for free to people affected by the hackers(infamous 2 was also affected)

And even with this,the sequel is probably sitting on the 4 million level(physical + digital) maybe more if vgchartz is undertracked.

Dark souls is multiplatform,it have 3 times the install base of Little big planet(PS3+360+steam)

LBP is also a bundled game. Its sales are inflated. Dark Souls did not have bundles, still moved two million units on a single console and over a million elsewhere, and is still a niche title. Sales are not what define the status of a game from niche to not-niche when bundles are involved. I do not consider LBP to be a mainstream title, I consider it to fill a nice niche in the playstation catalog.

This is woefully off-topic.

Around the Network
Vena said:
OttoniBastos said:

LBP 2 sales suffered from the 2011 psn takedown.

It was one of the games sony gave for free to people affected by the hackers(infamous 2 was also affected)

And even with this,the sequel is probably sitting on the 4 million level(physical + digital) maybe more if vgchartz is undertracked.

Dark souls is multiplatform,it have 3 times the install base of Little big planet(PS3+360+steam)

LBP is also a bundled game. Its sales are inflated. Dark Souls did not have bundles, still moved two million units on a single console and over a million elsewhere, and is still a niche title. Sales are not what define the status of a game from niche to not-niche when bundles are involved. I do not consider LBP to be a mainstream title, I consider it to fill a nice niche in the playstation catalog.

This is woefully off-topic.

Not that I really care about this back and forth, but I do have a question.  What defines a mainstream game?  At what point do sales say 'mainstream' versus 'niche', if we're talking 5+ million units...how is that mainstream?  And really, when you get down to it, aren't there like a paltry handful of games that could be considered, as such?  Gran Turismo, CoD, BF, TLOU, GTA, Halo?  Even then...none of those games even sell to half their user base...so I'm just curious how people define mainstream?

Sony would be stupid to not release this bundle in the US.

globalisateur said:

- COD XB1 bundle

And GTA5 is also on XB1.

Halo is a remaster. Won't to much of anything except sell to the existing install base.
Sunset Overdrive is going to flop. It won't push consoles.
COD bundle is $500. Won't be doing much at that price either.

Vena said:
Do people actually still care about GTAV? This is a serious question.

gta online is the best game i've played this generation

mornelithe said:

Not that I really care about this back and forth, but I do have a question.  What defines a mainstream game?  At what point do sales say 'mainstream' versus 'niche', if we're talking 5+ million units...how is that mainstream?  And really, when you get down to it, aren't there like a paltry handful of games that could be considered, as such?  Gran Turismo, CoD, BF, TLOU, GTA, Halo?  Even then...none of those games even sell to half their user base...so I'm just curious how people define mainstream?

Brand recognition. Mario, Halo, Zelda, CoD, Battlefield, GT, GTA, FIFA etc. Games for which, when saying the name, the vast majority of people will know of right off the bat. These games are also usually annualized and carry a very big playerbase all on their own and will, at times, be the only game owned for the console or are hyper-sellers like GTA, Destiny, CoD.

LBP is in the same space as DKC.