By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA5 PS4 Bundle Officially announced (Europe Only At The Moment)

GTAexpert said:

LBP is niche? You should look again at its sales on PS3. It is an exclusive, if you also consider SSB a Wii U exclusive.

GTA V will definitely not be the only game to sell PS4's in November, as along with LBP 3, Sony also have the exclusive marketing deal with Far Cry 4. It also has the superior version of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Anyways, the PS4 will sell well, and though it might be outsold by XB1 in USA, it will outsell it globally.

LBP? Its a niche title. It sells well but its appeal is not exactly what I'd call mainstream (also the title has decreased from LBP 1 to LBP 2). There's also a marketable difference in your relation to WiiU's SSB as that is, supposedly, offering distinct differences in content from the 3DS version, as far as I'm aware LBP3 PS3/PS4 is identical aside from resolution. I just don't see it as the type of title that pushes a console like say: Bloodborne, Halo.

See, I think FC4 is a far better bundle for them to push than a GTAV one, it would be a new game vs. new game, rather than trying to push a dated port (popular as it may be), as I question just how "paramount" a port will be to make a bundle seem appealing. Also its limit to EU, as of so far, as I said, feels like needless overkill. Perhaps we'll see a FC4 bundle in NA?

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:

LBP is niche? You should look again at its sales on PS3. It is an exclusive, if you also consider SSB a Wii U exclusive.

GTA V will definitely not be the only game to sell PS4's in November, as along with LBP 3, Sony also have the exclusive marketing deal with Far Cry 4. It also has the superior version of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Anyways, the PS4 will sell well, and though it might be outsold by XB1 in USA, it will outsell it globally.

Destiny isn't as big in Europe as it is in the US, which is why Europe is announcing all these bundles for next month. The Destiny bundle is still chugging along in the US and on Amazon 2014 Best Sellers, it is #31 and still in the Top 20 in the hourly list. SCEA is probably holding off on announcing more bundles until the Destiny bundle shows signs of slowing down. If the Far Cry 4, LBP3, and GTAV bundles are coming out in the US (in which they should), it's going to be a total massacre.

ArchangelMadzz said:
I do like how Sony includes physical copies with their bundles, rather than digital codes. I'm all for all digital future but HDD space needs to be conserved at the moment.

I agree that it is awesome that Sony includes physical copies rather than digital codes, but not because of the HDD space.  When you get a digital code, you dont actually own the game.  You only own the rights to download a copy of the game, which means that you cant sell or trade in that copy of the game.

This is why I hope physical games and gaming consoles remain a thing for years to come.

ethomaz said:
That means no chance for the competition this holidays...

Waiting the next spin... it is not September-December that matters...

Was there ever any world wide? I think the only real competition is in North America relating specifically to November. I still think the Xbox will take 2 weeks there.

Vena said:
GTAexpert said:

Sony has LBP 3 to push some PS4's, and regardless of whether or not you've already played GTA V the current-gen version is definitely worth buying. Nobody would buy a console for just GTA V of course, but the PS4's library will be sizeable by the time of its release, so it is definitely worth it to get this bundle.

LBP3 is niche, so I don't tend to consider it as much of a system pusher (also not exlcusive).

As for GTAV, the problem I foresee (aside from my questioning how relevant it is today, especially with the actual definitive version coming to PC) is that as this is not a new game there is a high chance that M$ can play around this the way they did with Destiny (getting around the exclusive marketting deal) while also presenting new games. In NA, at least, I can see M$ very strongly pushing Halo/Unity/COD + Free Game (that just so happens to include GTAV) as their holiday push, which would dwarf this type of bundle offering whereas with Destiny it was new game vs. new game. EU is already a lost cause for X1, and this move by Sony seems like overkill or pointless as I'd have to wonder just how much of a difference it would even make as they have that market cornered.

I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't come stateside, actually, for the above reasons. Mayhaps, Sony will do a Destiny+GTAV bundle here in an attempt to counter Halo:MCC, but I wonder if Destiny will still be relevant by then as it will be up against COD (M$ marketting), Halo (MS exclusive), and other new games. I have this suspicion that the Destiny backlash may have shaken up plans for this holiday rather... oddly for all parties involved. Will be interesting to see what Halo/COD do to its playerbaser, and Sony bet a lot on Destiny as their holiday push.

Total Units

North America: 2.71m 49.1%
+ Europe: 1.79m 32.4%
+ Japan: 0.17m 3.1%
+ Rest of the World: 0.85m 15.4%
= Global 5.51m

It's more than sunset overdrive and Horizon 2 will make together and it was a new ip! Plus,giving the Vgchartz bad tracking software sales LBP is probably undertracked!

Look,it's your right to not like LBP,but say that it doesn't have appeal for the casual market,specially on holyday season where dads and moms usually pick a console for their kids is too much denial.

Around the Network
Jimbo1337 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
I do like how Sony includes physical copies with their bundles, rather than digital codes. I'm all for all digital future but HDD space needs to be conserved at the moment.

I agree that it is awesome that Sony includes physical copies rather than digital codes, but not because of the HDD space.  When you get a digital code, you dont actually own the game.  You only own the rights to download a copy of the game, which means that you cant sell or trade in that copy of the game.

This is why I hope physical games and gaming consoles remain a thing for years to come.

Well, if the game is bundled there will be fewer people willing to buy the game used. Anyways I never understood why people sell there games even if they need to buy new ones, there is always a day when you like to play the game again, and if you sell it you have to buy it again or not have access to it.

teigaga said:

Was there ever any world wide? I think the only real competition is in North America relating specifically to November. I still think the Xbox will take 2 weeks there.

I see just MCC launch because after that week GTAV will be launched.

Vena said:
GTAexpert said:

LBP? Its a niche title. It sells well but its appeal is not exactly what I'd call mainstream (also the title has decreased from LBP 1 to LBP 2). There's also a marketable difference in your relation to WiiU's SSB as that is, supposedly, offering distinct differences in content from the 3DS version, as far as I'm aware LBP3 PS3/PS4 is identical aside from resolution. I just don't see it as the type of title that pushes a console like say: Bloodborne, Halo.

See, I think FC4 is a far better bundle for them to push than a GTAV one, it would be a new game vs. new game, rather than trying to push a dated port (popular as it may be), as I question just how "paramount" a port will be to make a bundle seem appealing. Also its limit to EU, as of so far, as I said, feels like needless overkill. Perhaps we'll see a FC4 bundle in NA?

If LBP is a niche title but sells well, its not exactly niche, or atleast its one which Sony shouldn't miss out on. Anyways, as for SSB people more than likely will be satisfied with the 3DS version and wouldn't need a Wii U version, as Nintendo gamers don't care about graphics

Far Cry 4 will definitely be a better bundle than GTA V, but I think it will also be more expensive for Sony to get bundle deals for the game as it is a new game. LBP 3 bundle in USA would be much better. An Infamous: Second Son bundle will also be really good.

How much will it cost?
Sony is doing everything right this gen although they didn't even need this bundle to win during the holidays.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

OttoniBastos said:

Look,it's your right to not like LBP,but say that it doesn't have appeal for the casual market,specially on holyday season where dads and moms usually pick a console for their kids is too much denial.

Try using the numbers for LBP2 instead, as that's actually more recent and relevant.  Not quite so clear cut then, is it? And no where did I say I didn't like the franchise, I said it was niche. Dark Souls is a niche title, sold about three million, and I like that title too.