By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like the Wii U Gamepad?

Do you like the Wii U game pad?

Yes 279 72.66%

No 38 9.90%

Its okay 47 12.24%

See results 20 5.21%

Total:384
IamAwsome said:
Teeqoz said:
burninmylight said:

But they both thought that those things had consumer demand (as stupid as it may seem). Gamepad however, is tested, and shows that it doesn't.

Who's to say Nintendo didn't think the exact same things about the Gamepad before launch? The Gamepad isn't the sole reason the Wii U sells horribly. 

Of course they thought it would be successful. If you'd read the entire discussion we're having, you'll see that it's about Sony and MS having something gamepad-like next gen. Nintendo proved this gen that there isn't demand for it, and when they've both had a traditional controller (ok, kinect also for MS this gen) as the standard controller for respectively 4 and 3 gens straight, I don't see them changing to something there is little demand for, and that would obviously raise the praise unneccesarily.

Around the Network

Yes, but there's still some things I don't like. After playing NES Remix, I don't like the D-pad. It's too mushy. Battery life is also still a bit of an issue. Everything else about it is great though.

Nope, to big not comfortable for me. Pointless screen is distracting and lowest spec screen iv seen on anything these days. Battery life is brutally bad. Just not very gaming friendly to me, lacks positive reason for existing.

Overall see it as a worthless gimmick that was/is forced on people and likely played a part on wiius sales struggles. Id say i'm close to hating it.

it's not being used right by dev's, and probably never will be.

I think it's one of the coolest advances in controller design. It truly is comfortable. I hope Nintendo doesn't see the sales of the WiiU as a reflection on the controller (although I know many on this forum hope for the opposite).

There's no denying that it isn't being utilized to its fullest, but that's on the developers, not on the design.