By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like the Wii U Gamepad?

Do you like the Wii U game pad?

Yes 279 72.66%

No 38 9.90%

Its okay 47 12.24%

See results 20 5.21%

Total:384

I like it a lot, my only problem is that the battery life is very short, just adding 1 extra hour of juice, will improve it a lot for me.

Around the Network

I like it a lot! Its great to use especially when I get tired of staring at the TV.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

NintendoPie said:
I'm indifferent. It's not even in the same realm as the WiiMote, revolutionary-wise.

The GamePad just doesn't do much, it doesn't serve a strong purpose which makes it just seem like a remote with a screen for the sake of being a remote with a screen. It's not as clunky/heavy as I thought it would've been, though.

When you have a game like ZombiU is awesome, not all games gives you all the options that ZombiU gives you and that's why I love that game. Is Awesome how you have to use your gamepad as a map, inventory while the game doesn't stop, to browse every corner of a place and found objects or even zombies, to use the scope of the sniper, and more. I really love ZombiU and I think is one of the best game to play with the gamepad. And no, Ubi don't pay me for what I wrote lol

flagstaad said:
I like it a lot, my only problem is that the battery life is very short, just adding 1 extra hour of juice, will improve it a lot for me.

I know it's extra money, but I replaced the original battery with Nintendo's high capacity one, plus I have a 3rd party external battery on top of that which I got for 10$ on sale. Anyways, I get around 10 hours give or take.

I actually like it a lot. It feels great to hold for me, and I very rarely ever bother using my Pro Controller for most games. It's a rather versatile piece of tech.

NNID: TheCCluc

Around the Network

The Gamepad is pretty nice for the most part but does have its fair share of issues.

It isn't my favorite but it's not bad

I love it. Even apart from the screen-enabled features, I actually find the heft and length to be very comfortable. I love the control sticks, too.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Yes, I do... and hopefully after Mario Maker comes out even more people will like it.

Blazzin_0ne said:

I know it's extra money, but I replaced the original battery with Nintendo's high capacity one, plus I have a 3rd party external battery on top of that which I got for 10$ on sale. Anyways, I get around 10 hours give or take.

How much does the weight increases? I have been thinking about this option but not so sure if the benefits surpass the extra cost and weight.

Yes, I like the Wii U gamepad a lot more than Wii motes because of dual analog.

Also the off TV play is often used at my home.

My 8th gen collection