By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like the Wii U Gamepad?

Do you like the Wii U game pad?

Yes 279 72.66%

No 38 9.90%

Its okay 47 12.24%

See results 20 5.21%

Total:384

I like it. Having used it for 2 years now, I can say it's fantastic for non-gaming things and good for gaming. It's a little bit too big for most gaming use and would be better if it was more ergonomic. The screen is handy for certain things and the speakers, motion control and other less talked-about features are outstanding. I'd like to see a new version on the next console with an iPhone-sized screen and ergonomic grip. And better battery life.

Around the Network

I hated it the first time I saw it. Thought it was soooo dumb.... My wife hated it more.... Now myself and my wife always want to be the one using it. It's also amazing to be able to play dual screen multiplayer AND off screen play with any of my games while the tv the U is attached to is in use.

In terms of comfort it is their second best controller, only beaten by the Gamecube controller.

In terms of features, it is leagues ahead of all competition. I use it daily for multitasking.

My main (and really only) gripe is the terrible battery charge.

Other than that it is actually pretty light, comfortable and handy at times.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I love the Wii U Gamepad but I personally don't think its the best when it comes to more intense game. ie Bayonetta. I feel like I may need to purchase the Wii U pro controller for those types of games.

Around the Network

I really like it. Judged against the Pro Controller, arguably the best of this generation, it comes off a little clunky and disproportioned, but overall it's comfortable, versatile, and rich in features. The avenues it opens in asymmetrical gameplay and co-op alone make it worth the price of admission.

My only complaints are the ridiculously low battery life, and the uncomfortable distance between L and ZL, and R and ZR.

I absolutely love the controller, and anyone who doesn't think the other 2 companies are gonna copy it is insane. Trust me when I say people are going to sing praises in the streets when the dualshock 5pad or the XBox whatever pad hits the market. From having it control your tv and cable box at the touch of a button, to exploring the internet (both of which you don't have to worry about a mic not hearing you) and using a touchscreen keyboard, to gaming off of tv, to having your inventory, character loadouts, maps, player and match scores, HUD, whatever else at the touch of you fingers without ever having to pause the game with 0 lag. The ONLY thing I wish it had that the other two controllers have is a button for directly uploading footage to youtube (though I know some games will use this functionality like Mario Kart and I'm going to predict Super Smash Bros.)

No I don't, it's comfortable, but useless sometimes. Why can't I turn it off if I'm playing with the pro controller or a wiimote? Why can't I turn the screen off when I'm playing on the TV? (which is most of the time) battery life is abysmal, it's kind of heavy... Bad choice from Nintendo...

Fededx said:
No I don't, it's comfortable, but useless sometimes. Why can't I turn it off if I'm playing with the pro controller or a wiimote? Why can't I turn the screen off when I'm playing on the TV? (which is most of the time) battery life is abysmal, it's kind of heavy... Bad choice from Nintendo...

Home button ---> Controller settings ---> Display off

bigtakilla said:
I absolutely love the controller, and anyone who doesn't think the other 2 companies are gonna copy it is insane. Trust me when I say people are going to sing praises in the streets when the dualshock 5pad or the XBox whatever pad hits the market. From having it control your tv and cable box at the touch of a button, to exploring the internet (both of which you don't have to worry about a mic not hearing you) and using a touchscreen keyboard, to gaming off of tv, to having your inventory, character loadouts, maps, player and match scores, HUD, whatever else at the touch of you fingers without ever having to pause the game with 0 lag. The ONLY thing I wish it had that the other two controllers have is a button for directly uploading footage to youtube (though I know some games will use this functionality like Mario Kart and I'm going to predict Super Smash Bros.)

People that think Sony and MS are gonna copy it are even more crazy. It just takes a quick look at the sales to understand.