By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think Grand Theft Auto IV will sell over 11 million worldwide this year.

Over 7 million in USA

around 4 Million in Europe

over 300 thousand in Canada

And if it comes in Japan around 500 thousand

Why?

Its coming out early in the year. Also in my opinion its the biggest franchise on average sales per game. Nearly every child or very young adult I know will want to play this game. Its a phenomenon. People this is bigger than Halo in Europe WAY BIGGER. Also Call of Duty 4 sold around 7 million and its nothing like it NOTHING LIKE IT. And that came around the end of last year.

Plus they will have huge advertisement campaign assume and importantly the game sounds awesome from the various articles online.

By the way sold not shipped

Sorry about my English

Around the Network

I agree on your numbers. It's kinda obvious GTA4 will reach 10 million.

GTA4 PS3 5 million = 1.5 million US + 3.5 million the rest of the world
GTA4 Xbox360 6 million = 4 million US + 2 Million the rest of the world

However I believe Wii Fit and SSBB will eventually outsell GTA4, if not this year, certainly next year.

I believe 8 or 9 million is all that it will reach

After COd4 sold 7 million (Ps360) I HAVE NO DOUBT GTA 4 can double those numbers

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I agree, I think it'll sell at least 10mil this year, if CoD4 sold over 7mil in 4 months, then GTA4 can easily sell 10mil+ in 6/7 months

Around the Network

I think for the long run the PS3 version will outsell the 360 version. 11 million or way more sounds entirely feasible to me, I think the game will sell more units for the rest of the world than in the United States, just like GTA III did.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@MikeB

thats a very suprprising prediction...

If EU exclusively buys the PS3 version then you may be right

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@MikeB

thats a very suprprising prediction...

If EU exclusively buys the PS3 version then you may be right

I think US/UK gamers will buy the PS3 en masse this year, IMO this game will have legs.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Yeh Playstation 3 version could sell more but I reckn Exclusive content holds the importance for Microsoft. If Microsoft market it right and its big than I expect Microsoft to take the honours.

Hitting both next-gen platforms at the same time, it has a real chance of 10m this year.

But if MS are putting as much power behind this as suspected, the 360 version should outsell the PS3 version by around 2:1 worldwide. More features on the 360, and a potential "cheap" bundle to drive hardware sales.

Sales in US might be as skewed as 3:1 to the 360, with Europe closer to 1:1 (or 1.5:1).

The ball is really in MS's court on this one.

I do have a general query on the legs though - simple because this generation there will be a lot MORE competition on both platforms for the same genre (several companies are planning GTA killers). Plus, I doubt if the "setting" of GTA4 will grab the public as much as the "ghetto" setting of San Andreas.

Brawl will have its work cut out outselling GTA4 on *both* platforms - it should outsell GTA on either on the platforms individually though (and easily).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099