By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has averaged 115 million console sales per gen

Turkish said:
PS3 will reach 100M in a few years.
PS4 will definitely reach 100M, I can see it do ~115M a few years after PS5 launch.

2-30 percent of Playstation console sales come after a new gen.

For the ps3 to reach 100M it would have to sell more than what many users on this site project the wiiU to sell in its lifetime.  Think about that.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
Turkish said:
PS4 will definitely reach 100M, I can see it do ~115M a few years after PS5 launch.

For the ps3 to reach 100M it would have to sell more than what many users on this site project the wiiU to sell in its lifetime.  Think about that.

After the PS3 launched, the PS2 sold more than what the SNES sold in total. Think about that.

I really don't know if much can be concluded based on a whopping 3 consoles being averaged out...especially considering 1 is still selling.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Ka-pi96 said:
Teeqoz said:

JakDaSnack:

After the PS3 launched, the PS2 sold more than what the SNES sold in total. Think about that.

Seriously? Wow! PS2 really was a beast!

It also beat the PS3 in quite a few NPDs post PS3 launch.

Turkish said:

You still think PS3 will reach 100m? It yoy drops are huge and its only sold 2.4m so far this year (unless its undertracked). 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
T.Rexington said:
Turkish said:
Also most people in the world outside the US refer to gaming consoles as "the playstation". Like moms say "put down that playstation son and go to bed!"

Not too sure about that one. In my experience, most people who aren't familiar with brands just call them video games and then go on a diatribe about Pacman. 

Yeah me too. Maybe that's the case in Europe but in other parts of the world, people just call them video games. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ktay95 said:
Lol this is eerily similar to Nintendo's handhelds
PS2- 157m DS- 154m
PS1- 104m GB- 118m
PS3- 83m GBA- 81m
Difference of just 9m

The PS2 is actually sold at least 158.6M so if you're rounding up it's 159M.

Teeqoz said:
JakDaSnack said:
Turkish said:

It is implied in mario galaxy that Peach had a child with Lugia and that child is Roselina, think about that.

Something...Something...Games...Something

T.Rexington said:
Turkish said:
Also most people in the world outside the US refer to gaming consoles as "the playstation". Like moms say "put down that playstation son and go to bed!"

Not too sure about that one. In my experience, most people who aren't familiar with brands just call them video games and then go on a diatribe about Pacman. 

I think it must differ depending on where you live. Most non gamers from my experience call it, "the Nintendo!"

JakDaSnack said:
Teeqoz said:

It is implied in mario galaxy that Peach had a child with Lugia and that child is Roselina, think about that.

I watch Gametheorists, you're gonna have to come up with more than that to blow my mind.

also *Rosalina