By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu: New Nintendo 3DS sold over 230k during launch week-end! Also MH4G sold 1.6mil

tbone51 said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Pff, and handheld video game consoles were supposedly dead. The 3DS is doing great across the board. If only Sony would pull their sh*t together and better support the PS Vita

Japan has been looking really dead in the Hardware department, but N3DS will make it look so much better now

The question is for how long though? Is this a brief bump, or will it increase the sales significantly? Also, I think most of these buyers are already owning a 3DS, so few of these are actually NEW costumers, which is what is really needed.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Lol, i have predict 175K... amazing number.

And probabily that this week 3DS in Japan > PS4 Globally O_O

DanneSandin said:
tbone51 said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Pff, and handheld video game consoles were supposedly dead. The 3DS is doing great across the board. If only Sony would pull their sh*t together and better support the PS Vita

Japan has been looking really dead in the Hardware department, but N3DS will make it look so much better now

The question is for how long though? Is this a brief bump, or will it increase the sales significantly? Also, I think most of these buyers are already owning a 3DS, so few of these are actually NEW costumers, which is what is really needed.

We'll see soon enough, no matter that total number will increase :P

Also...

DSi first two days - 170,779 (Famitsu)

New 3DS+LL first two days - 233,483 (Famitsu)

DSi XL first two days - 103,524 (Famitsu), released on November 21st, 2009

Total debut for both DSi SKUs - 274,303

Total debut for both New 3DS SKUs - 233,483

Ohh shit, and that's just for two days. kidding, kidding.

Great numbers, much better than I had let myself hope for. Maybe the 3DS has some life in it yet...?

the_dengle said:

Ohh shit, and that's just for two days. kidding, kidding.

Great numbers, much better than I had let myself hope for. Maybe the 3DS has some life in it yet...?

wats even crazier is the LL model been sold out, this week will be effected by it pretty hard. The next few weeks should be interesting

Around the Network

damn son! That's impressive

I figured that this would be the perfect way to breath new life into the 3DS and lengthen it's longevitiy.

Some comparison for the 3DS:

- Best Christmas 2011 week - 510 629
- Best Christmas 2012 week - 433 788
- Launch week - 371 326
- 3DS XL Launch week - 235 974
- 3DS Price Drop - 214 821

Man, they should have brought n3ds to West earlier.
Along with smash Bros 4 3ds or pokemon.

jonathanalis said:
Man, they should have brought n3ds to West earlier.
Along with smash Bros 4 3ds or pokemon.

Trust me a sure they would have had it not been for trying to push WiiU and having to produce so many more units so quickly