By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft “Going in Hard” in 2015 Holiday Season; Quantum Break on Xbox One Targeting September

Other than the QB thing this is really non information, but this makes me wonder, if QB is September then what do they have in the first half of 2015? Is there anything, cause I can't think of something aside from maybe Screamride which seems small at best.

Around the Network

Hoping for a classic by RARE

^Its either MS doesn't have anything (which I doubt) or maybe the other first party studios will announce something

DerNebel said:
Other than the QB thing this is really non information, but this makes me wonder, if QB is September then what do they have in the first half of 2015? Is there anything, cause I can't think of something aside from maybe Screamride which seems small at best.

It is strange. I think everybody expected QB to show up in spring. Nothing really on the books to expect until September, everything that was announced seems much farther off than QB is.

Which is why it's strange that they decided to moneyhat another fall release, instead of something coming out in Spring (something like Homefront, Mad Max, Rainbow 6 - they still have no set dates)

But this does tie in with Spencer policy of concentrating efforts into the 4 fall months, and forgetting Jan-Aug period completely. Unless they come out and purchase

I am interested to see what MS's studios are actually working on, as they have not had a great start to the gen. Xbox One may have had a decent year for exclusives, but MS internal studios have only released two games so far, Forza 5, which was good but light on content, and Kinect Sports Rivals, which was the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of dropping Kinect. They need to step up the quality and quantity of their releases if they want to compete.

If Quantum Break joins Tomb Raider and Halo 5, then that has the makings of a very strong holiday period, and I would expect it to be joined by another game, probably Forza 6. But that means they just have Fable Legends and Screamride for the rest of the year, neither of which seems like a system seller. Whereas Nintendo and Sony both have more regular releases throughout the year.

Around the Network

Can't wait

[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/sidious_164]

[/url]

So they're going in hard in Q3/4. What about Q1 and 2? I thought they were the best in exclusives. So they have nothing notable for the first 9 months of 2015?

well, we already kind of knew that.

Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Quantum Break and Forza 6 will likely be their holiday lineup. maybe with a smaller digital game or two like Ori and the blind forest.

DerNebel said:

Fable Legends. other than that, i think Killer Instinct Season 2 or maybe project spark? 

DerNebel said:

To be honest most Xbox gamers will be playing sunset overdrive, halo mcc, horizon 2 and 3rd party games like witcher 3. A game in May would be.nice. but I want far cry yet as well and ac unity along with the division. To many games.