By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 GOTY! Gamespot PERFECT SCORE!

Maraccuda said:
Rafie said:
estebxx said:
imagine if The Last of Us (remastered) won again XD, LOL that would be funny and something never seen before.

If a remaster got GOTY, then it's truly a sad year for gaming. I don't give a damn what game it is and what it's predecessor got. A remaster actually winning GOTY would be sad. That would mean no game was good enough to top that in reviewer's eyes. I'm actually quite surprised at the score Bayo2 got. If it wins GOTY, then that's great. I'll have it on the first day anyway.

I still have a slight sliver of hope for the gaming industry, but if Last of Us Remastered wins GOTY I will weep for the world.

Well it is, once again (!), the most critically acclaimed game of the year, so...

Around the Network

Wolfenstein The New Order and Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor are both totally amazing. Just sayin...

paypay88 said:

if titanfall wasnt a xbox exc it would be goty contender  by great mile. That game  had unique gameplay mechanics(something people complain about games but dont care if its in xbox exc) so many potential wasted.i think COD copies all good titanfall mechanics this year and will be more rated and sold then TITANFALL

anyway bayonetta nowhere goty quality

i think goty contenders would be shape like this

1-AC Unity

2-Far Cry 4

3-Shadow of Mordor

4-GTA 5 R*Mastered

5-WolfEinstein 

So, for a game to be GOTY, it has to be a multiplat?

Alright, I'm done. I totally disagree with your logic, but I think it would be pointless continuing since I feel you won't have much else to add to this conversation.

In the end, who cares about individual websites' GOTY awards? This is gaming media we're talking about here.
It's not like there's ever actually one best game a year, that's impossible.

Kane1389 said:
Scisca said:
artur-fernand said:

While Bayonetta 2 seems to deserve being a GOTY contender, the OP sounds incredibly fanboy-ish to me. You say LBP3 offers nothing interesting (and "copies Sonic characters" lol) and the game's not even out. I'm not even sure if you've played the other two. Then you call Far Cry 4 a "yearly" sequel, when FC3 came out in 2012... Oh well, I digress.

Other four, you racist!! The best entry in the series isn't on PS3, so let's not turn a blind eye to it

?

The best entry was LBP2

Nope. It's pretty much unquestionable that LBP Vita is by far the best entry. Considering pretty much all downloadable stuff is cross-buy between them, it's hard to make a case for LBP2.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
outlawauron said:
Kyuu said:

Journey and Demon's Souls on Gamespot.

Shadow of the Colossus on IGN (despite facing the fiercest competition from GTA:SA and Resident Evil 4) eventually it wouldn't just win IGN's GOTY award but also gets named "PS2's all-time best game"and the 2nd best game of the decade (2000-2009) on ANY system, only behind Half-Life 2.

Journey is inconclusive, but Demon's Souls is well past 1 million.

Right, but Demon's Souls barely sold 400k at its first year according to VGChartz.

Well, that's because it didn't launch in the West until way later. 8 month delay for the US and over a year for Europe. Unless the launches are aligned in whatever data you used (dem legs).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Until now its probably the best contender this year. Weird that the WiiU has all the must have games yet it doesn't sell as much as the other consoles. Makes me wonder sometimes if gamers are broken.

Scisca said:
Kane1389 said:
Scisca said:
artur-fernand said:

While Bayonetta 2 seems to deserve being a GOTY contender, the OP sounds incredibly fanboy-ish to me. You say LBP3 offers nothing interesting (and "copies Sonic characters" lol) and the game's not even out. I'm not even sure if you've played the other two. Then you call Far Cry 4 a "yearly" sequel, when FC3 came out in 2012... Oh well, I digress.

Other four, you racist!! The best entry in the series isn't on PS3, so let's not turn a blind eye to it

?

The best entry was LBP2

Nope. It's pretty much unquestionable that LBP Vita is by far the best entry. Considering pretty much all downloadable stuff is cross-buy between them, it's hard to make a case for LBP2.

Community is a big part of LBP and it is much larger, more active and thus more creative on LBP2 than it is on LBP Vita which in the end results in a better game.

Unless all LBP2 levels are playable on Vita too?

Russia stays in line on Bayo2 launch party. Wow. First time I've saw something like this here was MK8 launch...

Sharu said:

Russia stays in line on Bayo2 launch party. Wow. First time I've saw something like this here was MK8 launch...

What a bunch of weirdos! :D