By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 GOTY! Gamespot PERFECT SCORE!

naruball said:
Wright said:

I'm 100% sure that by the time critics gave the awards to the game, it hadn't broken one million units. I'm 75% sure it still hasn't been downloaded more than one million times (on Ps3).

I'm 100% sure I read an article years ago that stated that it had sold over 1m. People commented and said they expected more from it. I'm 75% I read that article on VGC.

The problem is it is almost impossible (And I say almost because you claim having read such article) to find an article that states that it has sold over 1 million. Even when someone created a Journey thread regarding that thread and one of the Journey's devs made an account to talk about the game, he was vague when it came to tell the raw numbers of downloaded/sold.

Around the Network

I think Bayonetta 2 is a solid contender if it's getting such good scores. The year isn't over yet, but I plan on getting Bayonetta 2 when it releases. Sounds like my kind of game. The end of November we should know rather or not how strong a candidate it is when the high profile games release.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

Lawlight said:

What does following have to do with the review scores? It's getting similar scores as the first one.

Also, comparing Tomb Raider to TLoU? Something's wrong here.

You asked me a question and I answered it. It wasn't meant to be taken in a negative fashion.

Tomb Raider and TLoU was mentioned in the same sense because they are BOTH REMASTERS. That's why I mentioned them. Are you looking for an argument? Where did I compare those 2?!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Maraccuda said:
Rafie said:
estebxx said:
imagine if The Last of Us (remastered) won again XD, LOL that would be funny and something never seen before.

If a remaster got GOTY, then it's truly a sad year for gaming. I don't give a damn what game it is and what it's predecessor got. A remaster actually winning GOTY would be sad. That would mean no game was good enough to top that in reviewer's eyes. I'm actually quite surprised at the score Bayo2 got. If it wins GOTY, then that's great. I'll have it on the first day anyway.

Not so much a sad gaming year, but more so a sad gaming industry. Rather than looking elsewhere for a GOTY sites would just use the media to judge their GOTYs, and that scares me to no end.

I still have a slight sliver of hope for the gaming industry, but if Last of Us Remastered wins GOTY I will weep for the world.

I guess that is a better choice of words there. Also let me say this before someone takes this the wrong way. I love TLoU and GTAV. However, I don't believe it should be fair for them to win GOTY. To me that's the same as a GOTY edition title getting GOTY again. LOL If Bayonetta gets GOTY....that is fine. I was never against the game getting it. God Of War has gotten GOTY twice already, so why not Bayonetta?!

I hope the gaming industry looks at other games as well. MK8 could very well surprise everyone and get it.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Wright said:
naruball said:
Wright said:

I'm 100% sure that by the time critics gave the awards to the game, it hadn't broken one million units. I'm 75% sure it still hasn't been downloaded more than one million times (on Ps3).

I'm 100% sure I read an article years ago that stated that it had sold over 1m. People commented and said they expected more from it. I'm 75% I read that article on VGC.

The problem is it is almost impossible (And I say almost because you claim having read such article) to find an article that states that it has sold over 1 million. Even when someone created a Journey thread regarding that thread and one of the Journey's devs made an account to talk about the game, he was vague when it came to tell the raw numbers of downloaded/sold.

Yup. Did some digging myself and I can't find it either. I'm sure I have read it, but since we don't have a source, it will remain a mystery.

Around the Network
naruball said:

Yup. Did some digging myself and I can't find it either. I'm sure I have read it, but since we don't have a source, it will remain a mystery.

Things would be far easier if VGC tracked digital/Sony released some numbers.

EDIT: although the game has probably gone past beyond the 1 million line after getting a physical and a Ps4 release.

This is exciting

Lawlight said:
mZuzek said:
Lawlight said:
GotY with only 91 on Metacritic?

Games this year overall have been getting way lower scores than they usually got in the past. I hope this becomes the new standard for this generation, cause to be honest it was kinda stupid in the past when every game got 90+ and there were like 5 or 6 95+ per year.

The Last of Us: Remastered is still at 95. It just means that the great devs haven't released anything this year.

It's because it's the same game as last year. They can't exactly give it lower scores for no reason. It hasn't passed enough time for TLOU to be aged.

Scisca said:
artur-fernand said:

While Bayonetta 2 seems to deserve being a GOTY contender, the OP sounds incredibly fanboy-ish to me. You say LBP3 offers nothing interesting (and "copies Sonic characters" lol) and the game's not even out. I'm not even sure if you've played the other two. Then you call Far Cry 4 a "yearly" sequel, when FC3 came out in 2012... Oh well, I digress.

Other four, you racist!! The best entry in the series isn't on PS3, so let's not turn a blind eye to it

?

The best entry was LBP2

Yep, I would say its got a fantastic shot!

Also, who is expecting Sunset Overdrive to be GOTY? Most of the predictions in the Xbox thread are around 75-80 from memory...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS