By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 11 October

Driveclub was never going to rip up the charts. Still to chart at number 3 is more than respectable.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:
Driveclub did decently, hopefully the servers are fixed soon although that doesn't seem likely.

Alien Isolation also seems to have done well

Lots of gaffers are reporting they've been playing multiplayer, so it looks like things are improving.

I'm sure things are improving slowly but surely.  But Rushy said on twitter that the team had been working all weekend and the problems were more challenging than they expected.  How the servers are going to hold up when the plus version releases I don't know

celador said:
GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:
Driveclub did decently, hopefully the servers are fixed soon although that doesn't seem likely.

Lots of gaffers are reporting they've been playing multiplayer, so it looks like things are improving.

I'm sure things are improving slowly but surely.  But Rushy said on twitter that the team had been working all weekend and the problems were more challenging than they expected.  How the servers are going to hold up when the plus version releases I don't know

It's both a problem with servers (Sony side) but obviously and especially the bad network coder they wrote for DC that the launch of DC was so terrible and that still not everyone can't enjoy the game, let alone the free version of DC.

Good numbers for PS4.

walsufnir said:
celador said:
GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:

It's both a problem with servers (Sony side) but obviously and especially the bad network coder they wrote for DC that the launch of DC was so terrible and that still not everyone can't enjoy the game, let alone the free version of DC.

Not really, sony servers handled GT and DC is an ant compared to that.

These guys fucked up on a level worth of being put out of business, sony needs to zipper them.

Around the Network

New releases this week: Bomb, Bomb, NBA, Bomb...

No numbers, but surely if your game gets beat by FIFA on PS3 in its 3rd week, it couldn't have sold well (talking about Alien).

Driveclub sold fairly, I expect a 97% drop next week :)

Sleeping Dogs surely never expected many sales, especially at full retail price.

NBA - I expect this game to be US #1 this week, of course British are unaware that basketball is a sport...

Despite the so-so reviews, DC is doing quite well. I hope it will have strong & long legs.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
fluky-nintendy said:
Despite the so-so reviews, DC is doing quite well. I hope it will have strong & long legs.

I really wouldn't say it's doing well. It did somewhere around 35K, which is (in an inevitable comparison) much lower that 50K by FH2 in its opening week.

30% worse sales on a console with about 50% larger install base is mediocre to poor in my book.

walsufnir said:
celador said:
GribbleGrunger said:
celador said:

Except you can enjoy the game just fine as it all works perfectly fine Single player wise.

But hopefully they can get teh MP working more consistantly soon. 

Burek said:
fluky-nintendy said:

I really wouldn't say it's doing well. It did somewhere around 35K, which is (in an inevitable comparison) much lower that 50K by FH2 in its opening week.

30% worse sales on a console with about 50% larger install base is mediocre to poor in my book.

Aren't those numbers combined though? DC is btw a new IP. The numbers aren't great I recon, but they are better than I expected honestly.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...