By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR]Ratchet&Clank Reboot @ PlayStation Experience, Looking Just Like The Movie

BOLLOCKS said:
Would prefer a Sly PS4 game.

there's a sly movie in 2016.

Azerth said:
But I thought insomniac was a washed up dev who hasn't done anything good in a while?/s

Who said that?

Around the Network
Azerth said:
But I thought insomniac was a washed up dev who hasn't done anything good in a while?/s

I hope its a good game and pleases the fans

The quality of their recent titles certainly hasn't been great. We've had 2 shitty R&C spin offs, Fuse, a Facebook game, and a good but short main line R&C title. Compared to their previous run with the spyro games a 2 R&C trilogies, I'd certainly say the term "washed out" holds some merit.

That said, people's optimism is understandable. Their last great game was R&C 6 (or 8, depending how you count) and their only good title since then was the short but sweet R&C 7. If I was to put my faith in any of their upcoming titles, it would be a new fully fledged R&C title (though I am optimistic about SO).

gooch_destroyer said:
platformmaster918 said:
gooch_destroyer said:

might be Sunset is phoned in too.  Let's wait and see considering anything MIGHT happen.

I don't know about that. It seems like IG put a lot of effort into Sunset Overdrive.

perhaps.  All I'm saying is there's no more evidence for R&C being phoned in than there is for Sunset.  You're basing this fear on absolutely nothing.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Zekkyou said:
Azerth said:

The quality of their recent titles certainly hasn't been great. We've had 2 shitty R&C spin offs, Fuse, a Facebook game, and a good but short main line R&C title. Compared to their previous run with the spyro games a 2 R&C trilogies, I'd certainly say the term "washed out" holds some merit.

That said, people's optimism is understandable. Their last great game was R&C 6 (or 8, depending how you count) and their only good title since then was the short but sweet R&C 7. If I was to put my faith in any of their upcoming titles, it would be a new fully fledged R&C title (though I am optimistic about SO).

But Resistance 3 is my favorite FPS ever :(  They put so much heart into that and made the upgrading weapons and the sheer creativeness of the weapons into a truly unique and refined experience.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:

perhaps.  All I'm saying is there's no more evidence for R&C being phoned in than there is for Sunset.  You're basing this fear on absolutely nothing.

Alright I'll calm down. (For now.)

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
Zekkyou said:
Azerth said:

But Resistance 3 is my favorite FPS ever :(  They put so much heart into that and made the upgrading weapons and the sheer creativeness of the weapons into a truly unique and refined experience.

I forgot about R3. Still, it seems to be the opinion of most (not all, of course) that it was the worst resistance game. I haven't played it myself though, so can't comment.

Hopefully we see them return  to their previous standards with Redux and SO.

Zekkyou said:

I forgot about R3. Still, it seems to be the opinion of most (not all, of course) that it was the worst resistance game. I haven't played it myself though, so can't comment.

Hopefully we see them return  to their previous standards with Redux and SO.

I don't see how people think that though I have seen it thrown around.  The story has a bad ending that doesn't do the rest of it justice but the shooting is pure badassery.  There are health packs, no 2 weapon limit, and the weapons are the best outside of the Ratchet and Clank games I've seen.  It has some great set-pieces too and some really great pacing.  It's not constant explosions or anything it really balances things out well while having some fantastic quiet character and setting building moments to balance out the adrenalin filled highs.  I don't know what reviewers were smoking except a lot of them were mad that it had no weapon limit or regen health (they said stuff like "throwing out Halo's innovations doesn't make it good").  It's probably really cheap now you owe it to yourself to try it out.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I'm looking forward to it!

Azerth said:

Washed up may be a bit extreme, but their last decent game was 5 years ago and the 7th game in a franchise.

Everything since then has been either mediocre or poor.

Holy hell that would be insane.