By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p 60fps is far from impossible

Wow... a port of a PS2 game managed to run at 1080p / 60 fps on PS3... color me impressed.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

MikeRox said:

LCD is just an awful technology for gaming in general. I'm so gutted the decent Plasma manufacturers had to drop it. But yeah, interlace was a godsend for older games. :)

All rests on OLED now and it's not looking too promising, though at least LG have a consumer display on the market.

I have a PLASMA actually... so I understand you feel between these two techs.

LCD is good until you play with PLASMA lol

PLASMA BROS! XD

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

NightDragon83 said:
Wow... a port of a PS2 game managed to run at 1080p / 60 fps on PS3... color me impressed.

Then you have One powerfull ps2.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

NightDragon83 said:

Have you actually Played WipeOut HD? It's nothing to do with the god awful bastard PS2 release that they somehow let slip through QA. It's a completely new game using tracks from previous games.

MikeRox said:
NightDragon83 said:

Have you actually Played WipeOut HD? It's nothing to do with the god awful bastard PS2 release that they somehow let slip through QA. It's a completely new game using tracks from previous games.

Yes, and because they got an HD port/remake to run at 1080p / 60fps, therefore EVERY game should've run at 1080p/60fps including games that were FAR more demanding on hardware such as Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim and GTAV, right?

And the same goes for PS4 now too, right... every game including massive open world games like Witcher 3 should run @ 1080p/60fps with ZERO loss in visual fidelity in your world, right?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
MikeRox said:
NightDragon83 said:

Yes, and because they got an HD port/remake to run at 1080p / 60fps, therefore EVERY game should've run at 1080p/60fps including games that were FAR more demanding on hardware such as Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim and GTAV, right?

And the same goes for PS4 now too, right... every game including massive open world games like Witcher 3 should run @ 1080p/60fps with ZERO loss in visual fidelity in your world, right?

Then surely you know it's NOT WipeOut Fusion!?

Yup that loks identical to the OP barring resoluton...

They reached 1080/60 with shitty graphic games? Well congrats with that.

Tell me then why crysis 3 is not even 720p on ps3 and has an under 30fps average : ) Same goes for PS4 that can't handle Watch Dogs at 1080p, will run Assassins Creed unity at 900p and Killzone's multiplayer runs at 960x1080 (not true 1080p)...

daredevil.shark said:

You have completely missed my point. My point was every single ps3 games should have run at dual 1080p "accoring to sony's claim" but instead we get nothing (except this game). How does it feel? I feel betrayed when PS3 came out. Fortunately I didnt purchased it at that time.

A ps2 port running at 1080p 60fps in ps3? Is it impressive. Nope. Not at all.

Why are your putting PC here? Did I mentioned PC? Nope. Please read my comment. Plus here everyone knows I am pro playstation gamer yet I am saying these.

And you cant deny my points because sony promised and didnt deliver theose features.

I spent a bit of time searching for it, and I did not find a single article where Sony said that every single PS3 game should run at dual 1080p.  When Sony previewed the PS3 at E3 2005, they said the system would support dual HDMI outputs, which would allow an extended display, or a status screen, or a dedicated voice chat window ("allow" does not mean "promise").  None of the games shown at E3 2005 used this feature.  At E3 2006, before the release of the PS3, Sony showed the redesigned PS3 console, and it only had one HDMI port.

As for games that run at 1080p, there is a listing at Beyond3D that lists native resolutions of many PS3 games, and quite a few run at 1080p.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1113342

Uabit said:
They reached 1080/60 with shitty graphic games? Well congrats with that.

Tell me then why crysis 3 is not even 720p on ps3 and has an under 30fps average : ) Same goes for PS4 that can't handle Watch Dogs at 1080p, will run Assassins Creed unity at 900p and Killzone's multiplayer runs at 960x1080 (not true 1080p)...

The PS4 is perfectly capable of running WD at 1080p. I expect the X1 could too, with a bit of extra effort. WD was pretty poorly optimized across every platform.

Also, Killzone is a pretty poor example. It was a launch title that chose to use a temporal blend resolution to allow an easy performance bump from 30 to 40fps in the SP to 40 to 60fps in the MP. A pretty good trade, all things considered. I expect we will see more games (on every platform, including PC i hope) utilize it eventually. It has some flaws with the pixel prediction/blend algorithm that are in need of improvement, but it can provide a substantial performance boost for a comparatively small IQ loss.

DM235 said:
daredevil.shark said:

You have completely missed my point. My point was every single ps3 games should have run at dual 1080p "accoring to sony's claim" but instead we get nothing (except this game). How does it feel? I feel betrayed when PS3 came out. Fortunately I didnt purchased it at that time.

A ps2 port running at 1080p 60fps in ps3? Is it impressive. Nope. Not at all.

Why are your putting PC here? Did I mentioned PC? Nope. Please read my comment. Plus here everyone knows I am pro playstation gamer yet I am saying these.

And you cant deny my points because sony promised and didnt deliver theose features.

I spent a bit of time searching for it, and I did not find a single article where Sony said that every single PS3 game should run at dual 1080p.  When Sony previewed the PS3 at E3 2005, they said the system would support dual HDMI outputs, which would allow an extended display, or a status screen, or a dedicated voice chat window ("allow" does not mean "promise").  None of the games shown at E3 2005 used this feature.  At E3 2006, before the release of the PS3, Sony showed the redesigned PS3 console, and it only had one HDMI port.

As for games that run at 1080p, there is a listing at Beyond3D that lists native resolutions of many PS3 games, and quite a few run at 1080p.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1113342

Wasn't the big "scandal" 120fps and next gen starts when we say so from Sony for the PS3?

Promises of CGI quality visuals were actually for the PS2 where they stated the graphics would be "Toy Story quality".

hell, everyone hypes their systems though apart from Nintendo. If you fall for it that's more on you for not having realistic expectations.