By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p 60fps is far from impossible

graphic wars been going on since the sega vs nintendo days. just watch that sega commercial. "sega does what nintendont."

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
graphic wars been going on since the sega vs nintendo days. just watch that sega commercial. "sega does what nintendont."

But back then, it was like 16-Bit Sega Genesis attacking the 8-Bit Nes.  Then, when it was SNES vs. Genesis, it was "This game isn't possible on the competition".  These days, it's like "This game is possible on the competition and is even available on their machine but on ours, if you pause the game and look REALLY closely, you might spot a difference."

This is retarded, whipeout HD was a less demanding game then those out now, it's like saying console X is more capable then console Y because it can run tetris at 1080p@60fps while console Y can only run crysis 4 at 720p@30fps

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

d21lewis said:
deskpro2k3 said:

But back then, it was like 16-Bit Sega Genesis attacking the 8-Bit Nes.  Then, when it was SNES vs. Genesis, it was "This game isn't possible on the competition".  These days, it's like "This game is possible on the competition and is even available on their machine but on ours, if you pause the game and look REALLY closely, you might spot a difference."

with a big screen hdtv, you dont have to pause or look really closely.

edit. I'm not talking about decent size, I'm talking about large size.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Changed the title to something that wasn't blatant flamebait.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
d21lewis said:
deskpro2k3 said:

with a big screen hdtv, you dont have to pause or look really closely.

So I've heard. But these days, who doesn't have a decent sized HDTV?  What I do have that a lot of people don't is both the Xbox One and PS4.  I just don't see the huge gulf in power that we forum dwellers like to make a big deal about. 

Of course I said this almost a year ago and I was told by other users that I was blind and I need my eyes checked.  I still haven't done it yet so who knows?

daredevil.shark said:

First of all I am a pro playstation guy. Now here are my points for OT. Please dont respond without accurate info.

1. Sony "promised" dual 1080p output for all ps3 games. In reality its impossible for ps4. They deceived us.
2. Sony promised CGI type graphics for ps3 games but in reality we have seen how it turned out to be.
3. 99% multiplats performed poorly in ps3. Example, red dead redemption was 640p in ps3 with various issues.

That games 1080p performance is like rubbing salt in the old wound. I am not bashing Sony. But stating some facts.

It was CGI like graphic back in the days... just the ff movie look much better, the most cgi looked awefull( and its still does)

As a gamer since the early 80's, all it took was a screenshot and I could say, "This is definitely running on a Sega Master System" or "This is definitely running on an N64". You could tell simply by what each console was capable off. A SNES game looked noticeably different than its closest competitor and even the untrained eye could spot it. Show me a pic of Call of Duty on an Xbox 360 and a PS3 and I would be hard pressed to tell you which was which--even after playing it. Hell, I bought Tomb Raider Definitive as my first PS4 game and even with enhanced graphics and resolution, it was still barely better than the Xbox 360 version (once the initial gloss wore off).

In the old days, it was "This game isn't even available on your console" or "This game has a whole level that your version doesn't'. Now, aside from some exclusivity deals, it's the difference between watching a movie on Netflix and watching the same movie on VOD. The content is the same and the experience is the same. But we love to go to war over such minor differences.

chapset said:
This is retarded, whipeout HD was a less demanding game then those out now, it's like saying console X is more capable then console Y because it can run tetris at 1080p@60fps while console Y can only run crysis 4 at 720p@30fps

QFT but you know there's a lot of simple minded people on forums.

cpg716 said:
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, FIFA Soccer 14, Forza Motorsport 5, Minecraft, NBA 2K14, Outlast, Skylanders: Swap Force, Sniper Elite 3...

What do these games have in common? All on Xbox One.. All 1080p/60FPS. So .. your title is false.

But his title says it is possible... :p

On a side note, Sniper Elite III isn't 1080p/60fps on the X1. It's 1080p/30~60fps and has an appalling amount of screen tearing. Fortunately they added a 30fps lock mode though, which gets rid of the tearing.

The PS4 version is closer (1080p/40~60fps with no tearing, and some better AF), but i wouldn't really describe that as 1080p/60fps either.

The game could have done with better optimization all round to be honest.