By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p 60fps is far from impossible

Eddie_Raja said:
GamechaserBE said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

"The whole resolution and fps bullshit debate is to stupid for words. . ."

Well put. Now if only you would heed those words yourself, we might just make progress.

-

At the end of the day, no one remembers Ocarina of Time for its 320 x 240 resolution, or its 20 frames per second. They remember it because they got to own a horse, solve puzzles in cleverly designed dungeons, interact with people wearing masks, play songs to find secrets, and take down the king of evil and watch as his tower collapses.

That's how you make your games memorable.

Well they are victims of the Marketing, it is kind of sad that those people can't comprehend themself,  the same who say PS2 is their favourite PS console (and who was kind of weak compared to GC/Xbox) are so wild and sometimes hatefull in resolution debates...  Sony did a good job in marketing sucks for us gamers though..

Not to get off subject here but the PS2 was 1.5+ years older than both the Xbox and GC.  So yeah it should have been kinda weaker.  The sad fact was that it was still powerfull enough to stand up to both, and only the Xbox ever gave it a run for its money.

the timeframe is not important because someone will state that the timeframe between Xbox 360/ps3 launch in europe was also 1,5 years...The point is that marketing and executives let fanboys have heavy discussions for nothing and things they don't know about.. Is it cloud technology/Need kinect work or this game is only possible on PS3 bullshit people fight and defend it....

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

Here's some gameplay on the fastest speed class.  It goes higher, but only in zone mode. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCdJDNzfe0

Anyways, as an early release game Wipeout HD looked really good, but it's really not that great looking of a  game if you compare it to what's been released a little later in the gen. 

Ninja Gaiden 2 runs 720p@60fps with and Sigma 2 runs at 1080p@60fps although includes the rare framedrop.  NG2 has more enemies at certain locations so combat makes more use of the ultimate technique, while Sigma 2 has less enemies in those specific areas and new enemies, making combat more combat oriented.

Devil May Cry 4 was easily one of the best looking games of last gen.  Ran 720p@60fps and it released back in 2008.  If developers really put any effort into developing their games, the quality would be far beyond what it is now, even on last gen consoles.

xl-klaudkil said:
the2real4mafol said:
Possible but makes no actual difference to me if they do or not

I dont care about it to some people  missed the point i wanted to make.

EDF on the psvita and ps2 is a game i had so much fun with yet the framerate sucked monkey balls.

But the game could have been better if the framerate whas solid 30FPS.

Graphics are important  part of a game but nowadays people tend to think its the MOST important part of the game.. and gameplay suffers from that.

Good framerate is a must, high resolution isn't. I wish people didn't put the two together. 60fps for every game would be wonderful but clearly the new consoles can't do it at 1080p with the graphics people want from games nowadays. Hence why i don't care about resolution so much

Also whats EDF? 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:

Good framerate is a must, high resolution isn't. I wish people didn't put the two together. 60fps for every game would be wonderful but clearly the new consoles can't do it at 1080p with the graphics people want from games nowadays. Hence why i don't care about resolution so much

Also whats EDF? 

Earth Defense Force. Awesome game!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
the2real4mafol said:

Also whats EDF? 

Earth Defense Force. Awesome game!

Not heard of that one but might check it out at some point

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Devs are just stupid. Gameplay is not important in games anymore its just visuals. And good visuals is not what the dumb mainstreamers want so it has to be outstanding realistic visuals. and so the FPS are not important anymore (gameplay). Art sytle is also unimportant because it needs effort to make it look good and plausible. Copying the reality is lazy work. (there is 3d scanners etc.)

IMO the aim for action/platformers/racing/sports games should be 1080p60 and then make it as good looking as possible while keeping the 1080p60.

Kyuu said:
xl-klaudkil said:

i think i even remember a ps1 game that runed at 60 fps...ofcourse the ps4 and xone CAN handle it..but indeed not with amazing graphics but  then again....mgs5+ uncharted 4  says hello

There is no way PS4 can run Uncharted 4 at 1080p/60fps without significant downgrade from the E3 trailer. I'm pretty sure Naughty Dog will fail to meet that target.

i dont know its naughty dog...there the only one's who can do it.. i have faith.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Eddie_Raja said:

Not to get off subject here but the PS2 was 1.5+ years older than both the Xbox and GC.  So yeah it should have been kinda weaker.  The sad fact was that it was still powerfull enough to stand up to both, and only the Xbox ever gave it a run for its money.

If we're talking graphically, Gamecube proved itself significantly more powerful than PS2 with games like Rogue Squadron 2 & 3.

MikeRox said:
Eddie_Raja said:

I don't know, the GameCube and Xbox both had exclusives which showed they were more powerful systems, they just didn't have the userbase for 3rd parties to bother pushing them to their full capabilities. Had either of them been closer to PS2 sales, there would have likely been a much bigger difference for that platform.

When 70% of your userbase is on the weaker system, it makes far more sense for that to be the lead system then port whatever you have across to the others than it does making the lower userbase the lead system then having to make lots of tweaks and compromises to get it running on the PS2. Check out Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast to see just how much more horsepower the Xbox had when it was treated as the lead platform (on a multi platform game).

Honestly God Of War says hi to any great looking GC exclusive.  (I owned a Gamecube and PS2 btw).

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
MikeRox said:
Eddie_Raja said:

I don't know, the GameCube and Xbox both had exclusives which showed they were more powerful systems, they just didn't have the userbase for 3rd parties to bother pushing them to their full capabilities. Had either of them been closer to PS2 sales, there would have likely been a much bigger difference for that platform.

When 70% of your userbase is on the weaker system, it makes far more sense for that to be the lead system then port whatever you have across to the others than it does making the lower userbase the lead system then having to make lots of tweaks and compromises to get it running on the PS2. Check out Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast to see just how much more horsepower the Xbox had when it was treated as the lead platform (on a multi platform game).

Honestly God Of War says hi to any great looking GC exclusive.  (I owned a Gamecube and PS2 btw).

Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX and Starfox Adventures say waddup? ;)

Edit: So does Resident Evil 4 thanks to the below post ;)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.