By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else wants Metal Gear Solid 4 for PC?

MohammadBadir said:

It's been 6 years now.

Metal Gear Solid 1-3/Rising/others are all playable on PC in some way or form, and so are the upcoming MGSV games, but MGS4 is still exclusive to the PS3 all these years later. Do you think it's time for a PC port? Would you like to see one?

Discuss.

If you've never played it just get a PS3. It's cheap and has a massive library of cheap multi's and exclusives like the one you just mentioned. 

BTW if I wanted it to get a port I'd say to the PS4 or to PS Now which I thnk is happening. 

Around the Network
dane007 said:
nope not me. Finished it on ps3 and that was for me the worst mgs of the lot. I literally fell sleep at then where you watch 1 hr and 30 min cut scene and nearly equal long one after the credits... The story gets quite boring.

I love the MGS series and thought MGS4 had some amazing things about it but the actual gameplay itself was quite lacking. The story was also very convoluted and did not make sense regardless of how many times you watch the cutscenes. MGS1, 2 and 3 are all vastly superior in terms of gameplay.

Guitarguy said:
dane007 said:
nope not me. Finished it on ps3 and that was for me the worst mgs of the lot. I literally fell sleep at then where you watch 1 hr and 30 min cut scene and nearly equal long one after the credits... The story gets quite boring.

I love the MGS series and thought MGS4 had some amazing things about it but the actual gameplay itself was quite lacking. The story was also very convoluted and did not make sense regardless of how many times you watch the cutscenes. MGS1, 2 and 3 are all vastly superior in terms of gameplay.

I so love the mgs series as well. For me MGS2 was the best followed by MGS1,  Yea he was trying to be an hollywood movie  which didn't work very well.  I understood the story  but the way he told with an ending that was unecessarily long is what killed it for me. Hence why i am not that excited for mgs5. If its anything like mgs4 than it will very  boring. I  am hoping for silent hills that del toro deals with story for that game while kojima handes the graphics

Kerotan said:

just get a PS3. It's cheap

It's not.

Guitarguy said:
You arent missing out on much... The cinematics and story are excellent and have alot of emotion in them but the gameplay itself... Not exactly the funnest MGS...
Kerotan said:
MohammadBadir said:

It's been 6 years now.

Metal Gear Solid 1-3/Rising/others are all playable on PC in some way or form, and so are the upcoming MGSV games, but MGS4 is still exclusive to the PS3 all these years later. Do you think it's time for a PC port? Would you like to see one?

Discuss.

If you've never played it just get a PS3. It's cheap and has a massive library of cheap multi's and exclusives like the one you just mentioned. 

BTW if I wanted it to get a port I'd say to the PS4 or to PS Now which I thnk is happening. 

I have played it before on PS3. I've been wanting to replay it for a while now, but playing a PC version of a game at 1080p/60fps+ would be much better than playing the old game on PS3, no?

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Guitarguy said:
You arent missing out on much... The cinematics and story are excellent and have alot of emotion in them but the gameplay itself... Not exactly the funnest MGS...
Kerotan said:
MohammadBadir said:

It's been 6 years now.

Discuss.

I have played it before on PS3. I've been wanting to replay it for a while now, but playing a PC version of a game at 1080p/60fps+ would be much better than playing the old game on PS3, no?

MGS2 and MGS3 HD look perfect on my 55" Sony Bravia. It doesn't bother me what res they would be and if it got a proper release on the PS4 like you want for the PC it prob would be 1080p 60 fps. 

Kerotan said:

MGS2 and MGS3 HD look perfect on my 55" Sony Bravia. It doesn't bother me what res they would be and if it got a proper release on the PS4 like you want for the PC it prob would be 1080p 60 fps. 

That's great, but I'd love to exprience that with MGS4, it feels kinda... dated.

I want it for android or iOS.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Infinite Cut scene Runner

I dont care what anyone has to say about MGS4 being a bad MGS game, because for me it had two of the most epic moments in the franchise, and those are the final boss fight with Ocelot and THAT REX VS RAY FIGHT! that fight of metal gear vs metal gear was the most fun i had with any boss fight in the MGS series.

and in regards to the PC port... i dont know if it will happen or not but chances are it wont be happening soon, maybe afte MGS V... im still kind of surprised to see the game on other platforms to be honest.

Well if they release another collection (for XBO and PS4) I could see them putting that on PC.