By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “We would not limit a game’s resolution” says Ubisoft

When the cat i outta the bag, you cant just pretend it isnt really there Ubisoft.

Around the Network

Well they were never going to get my money anyways.

Intrinsic said:
Mad55 said:
People who are saying gat if they had just announced it at 30fps and 900p on both and said nothing else then know one would have said a thug are wrong. One consoles a bit stronger than the other fanboys were gonna rafe regardless honestly. Sometimes it seems like gamers think their being taken for fools when really their just out of the loop on certain aspects. None of you helped develop that game yet you wanna claim certain things lime parity as fact for this game, bullshit. Sometimes gamers,would benefit from shutting the hell up and just enjoying the damn games.

It wouldn't be the first time. 

Simple fact of the matter is that there are so many ways they could have gone about this.

• the PS4 version is running at a rock solid 30fps at 900p. And we were able to get the XB1 version running identically. END.
The fanboys will just go and look for arbitiary things like shadow maps, texture detail, amount of geometry, more stable 30fps...something else to use and discren how the PS4 version is the better version. But that would not be UBIs problem and would not have caused this shit storm that they caused.
You simply do NOT. Open come out and say in this day and age that all it takes is a few minutes for news to spread globally.... that you LIMITED the specs of your game to avoid debates. No one has to develop this game to claim parity. Learn to fucking read. They said it themselves.
And honestly, people like you should just shut the hell up if you think yo have a right to tell others how to think or feel. Cause its people like you MS made the XB1 for. Ignorant gullible people that probably can't tell their left from their right. If gamers just shut up and played the games as you suggested... right now it would be impossible to buy used games, you would have to sign onto a service to be able to play the games that you are paying $60 for...etc. You know why none of that happened? Cause some annoying, entitled gamers over reacted and did something about it. 
Honestly, poeple like you irritate me. Because people that can't seem to think o stand for tehmselves irritate the fuck outta me.

I never claimed anyone has had to have worked on the game to claim parity lol, you learn to fucking read. What I was saying was that people act as if they know more than they do when their on the outside looking in a lot of the time .

You seem to be really in your feeling right now with that emotional ass response on how you percieve me to be. I voice my opinions on the injustices of the game industry plenty, (I gets my batman on pimpin) but if were always bitching about small things like this then we overshadow the more important things sometimes. Like how awesome Unty looks graphically and gameplay wise, the new elements they have added trumps the resolution and framerate thing in matter of importance to how good the game will be, but people love to bitch. 

Just stop talking Ubisoft.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Is Ubisoft trying to take the crown away from EA?

Around the Network

Previously I believed that Ubisoft just had complete contempt for the Wii U userbase, lying to them and treating them as second-class gamers, while other userbases were treated with some respect.

Now I believe they are just mentally deficient.

mysteryman said:
Previously I believed that Ubisoft just had complete contempt for the Wii U userbase, lying to them and treating them as second-class gamers, while other userbases were treated with some respect.

ubisoft showed the Wiiu and its audience much more repsect than 99% of third party devs. 

Mad55 said:
mysteryman said:

ubisoft showed the Wiiu and its audience much more repsect than 99% of third party devs. 

I disagree. Support and respect are mutually exclusive.

Mad55 said:

I never claimed anyone has had to have worked on the game to claim parity lol, you learn to fucking read. 1 What I was saying was that people act as if they know more than they do when their on the outside looking in a lot of the time .

You seem to be really in your feeling right now with that emotional ass response on how you percieve me to be. I voice my opinions on the injustices of the game industry plenty, (I gets my batman on pimpin) 2 but if were always bitching about small things like this then we overshadow the more important things sometimesLike how awesome Unty looks graphically and gameplay wise, the new elements they have added trumps the resolution and framerate thing in matter of importance to how good the game will be, but people love to bitch. 

1. Please, if you say no one here has worked on the game to know what is or what isn't and are saying that people like they know a lot even though they are all out looking in..... how are those two statements not the same thing? Are you not still basically saying that we are not informed enough to be making these claims or accusatons?

Problem with that is that it is still exactly what warranted the response you got from me. Cause we do not have to know why, how or any more than we do to know that what ubisoft did (based on what they said they did) is wrong. We also don't have to be rocket scientists to know that what their excuse was was complete BS. 

2. again, saying the kinda stuff that warranted the response you got. Who are you to determine what is important, big or little to people and how they choose to spend their money? This is not a little thing, cause very single gaming site has carried this story, theer are over 500k people on neogaf talking about it, theer are thousands more conversations on this matter happenning here on this site. There is nothing small about that. Its big enough to have warranted two responses from ubisoft and an opportunistic push from EA. Yet you are here trying to tell people that we are over reacting?

We don't need to praise ubisoft for how good an engine looks when from their own admission we know it can look better. We don't need to praise them for work that many other devs this gen will put into their games. We don't need to praise them for work they are doing to get our money from us. I don't know whats wrong with people like you. And yes, I am emotional about this.. but not ven about what ubisoft has done, I can live with that, alrady made my decision to buy the game used. Thats the best way to send the message home. What is eating me up is how gamers like you would never stand for yourself. You do not see that in an industry that is constantly evolving like this one, its all about those littl battles. These little things that you think are unimportant are what leads to the big things that would make you hate this hobby we have. You cannot see th ebigger picture. Yet you downplay those that have the sense and conviction to try and fight for some sort of standard. Sigh....

Intrinsic said:

What is wrong with teh two of you???? Reallly....

• You are paying $60 for something. And you are one of a potential 17M people that could be paying $60. If Ubisoft or any publisher sells 6M copies of a game, they have made $360M from what is usually a $30M-$100M investment. In other words, they are getting their money and they are not doing you a favour by fucking trying to get that money from your own pockets. You better damn well feel entitled to get the most for your money.

• And yes, maybe devs should not talk without whatever they are saying first going through PR. You are dealing with people and you have to respect that people are diffeent, if you don't care about that, then deal with the consequences.

• And drop that whole giving them a chance BS and openly discuss stuff. You can discuss stuff as openly as you want to, that doesn't mean that when you say nonsense you shouldn't be called out for it. And all we are asking for is honesty, if your practices lead you to do things that you cannot be honest about then try and bullshit people about it... tehn don't be surprised when they call you out on it.

• And the whole boycot thing wasn't an over-reaction. If they had just told me that hey your game is gonna be 900p@30fps.... that would have been fine. But when you literally open your big mouth and tell someone that their game is being "limited to avoid debates"... don't be surprised if those people decide to "limit" how much money the spend on you. Sounds fair if you ask me.  

• Hey, man, you want to boycott over 900p instead of 1080p, go ahead.  I'll just be over here playing games and having fun.  Knock yourself out.
  • I'm just never going to get outraged when two versions of the same game are identical and cost the same amount.  I'm not.  I'm just not.  You aren't entitled to more than that.  Now, it's perfectly fine if you're all like, "ARGH I CAN ONLY ENJOY 1080p!!"  That's your right.  Hell, you can decide to not buy a game because of the box cover for all you want.  But being entitled to a better version than what other systems have?  Nuh uh.
  • Honestly, I don't care if you're outraged.  Just don't expect or demand everyone else to follow suit.