By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “We would not limit a game’s resolution” says Ubisoft

Man, they are on a roll this week.

"the PS4 and Xbox One versions were locked at the same resolution “to avoid all the debates and stuff”."

Pontbriand’s quotes have been misinterpreted."

How do you misinterpreted that first statement? It was pretty clear.

"We did not lower the specs for Assassin’s Creed Unity to account for any one system over the other. … At no point did we decide to reduce the ambitions of any SKU.”

Okay, so why are you choosing to not utilize the the PS4 to it's full potential?

Around the Network

They should have just announced the specs and said nothing about it. Let people think what they want to think.

4 ≈ One

He said what he said and now tries to spin.

BTW

I disagree with them about they choose to focus in gameplay because the dam game is 30fps.

They only focused in parity.

We never said what we just did.

Around the Network

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff,"

"Let’s be clear up front: Ubisoft does not constrain its games. We would not limit a game’s resolution"

The Company is literally full of idiots

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The policy going forward for game studios should be to never let their developers talk to the press. They aren't trained for it, they don't understand that people are just looking to be offended if at all possible. Seriously, the gaming community has a high number of entitled baby-heads that will fly into an outrage over anything. Simply don't give them the chance. If you say something incorrect, you will NEVER be able to clarify or take it back. It's impossible. It will always, always be met with "YOUDFSDFL YOU LIE YOU LIE OMG BOYCOTT." The truth doesn't matter because the worst will always be the one that's believed.

It's sad but I think we're headed for a period where we only get official PR. I hate that but, in an outrage culture like ours, it makes sense.

Intrinsic said:
I have been saying this before and I am still saying it now, Ubisoft should just shut up. If they had announced 900p@30fps for both PS4/XB1 and said nothing else, no one would have said a thing. And they are still doing this insulting shit.

I could not agree more with this statement. If they had just said 900p@30fps was what the game was capable of and left it at that there would not have been the shitstorm that followed. Sure, there would still be people complaining about why it did not hit 1080p@60fps as seems to be the case when any game does not hit those marks these days. But, by adding the "...to avoid all debates" they actually did the very thing they were trying to avoid. I am generally a fan of Ubisoft games but man do they need to re-evaluate their PR department as they constantly seem to stick their foot in the mouth on controversial topics. 

I would have thought by now they would have learned their lesson and realize that sometimes saying less is a great deal more effective than saying more. 

pokoko said:
The policy going forward for game studios should be to never let their developers talk to the press. They aren't trained for it, they don't understand that people are just looking to be offended if at all possible. Seriously, the gaming community has a high number of entitled baby-heads that will fly into an outrage over anything. Simply don't give them the chance. If you say something incorrect, you will NEVER be able to clarify or take it back. It's impossible. It will always, always be met with "YOUDFSDFL YOU LIE YOU LIE OMG BOYCOTT." The truth doesn't matter because the worst will always be the one that's believed.

It's sad but I think we're headed for a period where we only get official PR. I hate that but, in an outrage culture like ours, it makes sense.

It really is unfortunate that developers can no longer openly discuss the game they are working on due to fear of causing an outrage. Calling for a boycott was definately an overreaction to this bit of news. Now most communications about a game have to go through shitty PR channels and speak in half-truths.

People who are saying that if they had just announced it at 30fps and 900p on both and said nothing else then know one would have said a thing are wrong. One consoles a bit stronger than the other fanboys were gonna rafe regardless honestly. Sometimes it seems like gamers think their being taken for fools when really their just out of the loop on certain aspects. None of you helped develop that game yet you wanna claim certain things like parity as fact for this game, bullshit. Sometimes gamers,would benefit from shutting the hell up and just enjoying the damn games.