By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox In China: More Grey Than Green

endimion said:
Namiirei said:
TheAdjustmentBureau said:
Over 100k first week. That's all we need to know. Microsoft did good.

It's 100 k shipped. Where do you see over 100k sold ? In a forum ? Please don't tell me you believed this rumor with the 100k preorders.

Ms himself never said 100k soldthough, because it's not.

Even vgchartz say they only sold 50-80k in china first week, and it's probably a little too much.

lol 100k shipped in china ??? Please... What they ship like 2 per store??? That number as shipped for a launch doesn't make any sense for a country like china... But yeah sure it's shipped

Wait, you think they actually sold 100k to customers in China?  hahaha  That's cute.

Around the Network
endimion said:
Namiirei said:
TheAdjustmentBureau said:
Over 100k first week. That's all we need to know. Microsoft did good.

It's 100 k shipped. Where do you see over 100k sold ? In a forum ? Please don't tell me you believed this rumor with the 100k preorders.

Ms himself never said 100k soldthough, because it's not.

Even vgchartz say they only sold 50-80k in china first week, and it's probably a little too much.

lol 100k shipped in china ??? Please... What they ship like 2 per store??? That number as shipped for a launch doesn't make any sense for a country like china... But yeah sure it's shipped

Not sure what's funny. Microsoft said that they were only shipping 100k for launch. This article shows a store with pretty much full stock of Xbox One units. That alone proves it was shipped.

China is not the big market some peoplz think it is, its far to be as big as Japan for vidéo games.

Also, China wants PS4 more than X1

So its expected

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Not surprised. For a country with 1.3 BN people 70k first week sales isn't going to be noticed. Xbox brand will stay irrelevant there like other places such as Japan but so will Sony to a slightly lesser extent. It's just not their culture and if Sony for example could get more than 3M lifetime PS4 sales they will have done good.

SweetTalia said:
the_dengle said:
SweetTalia said:

I read it bud but not him not seeing Xbox ones at HIS location is a big reason for this article? 

"His location?" It sounds like he was in the Beijing version of Akihabara. If he had trouble finding any XBOs at all, much less shoppers interested in buying them, that's a pretty bad sign.

Yup, too bad he has not been at all 4000+ cities x1 is being sold at. yea bad sign O_o

You know beijing is the capital and that most chinese that can afford an x1 lives there right ?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Not surprised. For a country with 1.3 BN people 70k first week sales isn't going to be noticed. Xbox brand will stay irrelevant there like other places such as Japan but so will Sony to a slightly lesser extent. It's just not their culture and if Sony for example could get more than 3M lifetime PS4 sales they will have done good.

lol

theire (purchase) culture changed dramatically in the last few year

and still will

wait to see how it turns out. consoles can becoume big in china.

or they wont. both is possible

RenCutypoison said:
SweetTalia said:
the_dengle said:
SweetTalia said:

I read it bud but not him not seeing Xbox ones at HIS location is a big reason for this article? 

"His location?" It sounds like he was in the Beijing version of Akihabara. If he had trouble finding any XBOs at all, much less shoppers interested in buying them, that's a pretty bad sign.

Yup, too bad he has not been at all 4000+ cities x1 is being sold at. yea bad sign O_o

You know beijing is the capital and that most chinese that can afford an x1 lives there right ?

well im not sure about that. shanghai could have more people able to buy it(and hong kong too if u count it as china)

I love how he put out a feeler on the local social media sites and he got 3 responses, people who dont know what the X1 is, people who want the X1, and people who dont want the X1.

Then he goes to 3 stores, one has them for sale, but no one bought one while he was there, the other one had not X1's that he could find, and the third had illegally imported ones that seem to sell in various amounts. So of the 3 places he went only 1 actually sold the system. Great work bud.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

generic-user-1 said:
RenCutypoison said:

well im not sure about that. shanghai could have more people able to buy it(and hong kong too if u count it as china)

Didn't shanghai have the same status as hong kong before ?

Shanghai and hong kong too, but not more people IMO. There are more and more middle class in Beijing, even though it's kinda new there. (10 years or so)

prinz_valium said:
Kerotan said:

lol

theire (purchase) culture changed dramatically in the last few year

and still will

wait to see how it turns out. consoles can becoume big in china.

or they wont. both is possible

what's stopped it from becoming big in south korea? the same thing that will stop it in china. Cheaper gaming on PC/mobile that's just as if not more addictive than console gaming. 

Japan is heading mobile so i don't see china showing a reverse trend. PS4  will sell the most in chinaand I would be shocked if it had more than 5M lifetime. That is tiny for a country with such a big population.