By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox In China: More Grey Than Green

So this confirms the 100k number is shipped, not sold through.

Around the Network

I had a feeling that the X1 would not do so well in China. PCs and MMOs have a strong grip on the Chinese gaming community and with the current lineup the X1 has, it's not convincing enough. Not even close. And to add onto this guy's findings in QQ and WeChat, the Playstation Weibo has a lot more followers and blogs than the X1 Weibo.

Why is it so expensive? Surely the shipping cost from China to China is far less :)
High luxury item tax like in Brazil?

New market issues, also why should china be any different form the rest of the world where PS4 dominates.

Price might be a tad of an issue also, and lack of games due to censorship.

If i was buying a PS4/X1 in china id just import might self one and enjoy all not what Commi bejing tells me i can.

Agree with OP:
1. Logically Xbox one grey market is a lot cheaper then the official one, and no region code.
2. Xbox One already available on China since launched, so it definitely not a surprise for the consumer
3.PlayStation is far more popular on Asia and Chinese people, even tho Chinese Government is on conflict with Japanese Gov, grey market is not affected by any means.
4.Cultural speaking, Chinese is Asians and more close to Japanese on genre favoritism, so Xbox One games brand image is closer to PC and they prefers PC over Xbox one if they want to choose, and choose PlayStation if they want console.
5. There GDP is still smaller then the US, so most of consumer in China will wait for the pirated copy or wait the console to be pirated.

Around the Network

So Anecdotal evidence. WOW! My friend was there on launch day, said he couldn't even walk, People where punching each other to get one.

These threads can be made by anyone, So some random happens to have the inside scoop? I will wait for a better source. Like the site I'm on..

I will add, VGCHARTZ is way more creditable then a person going to one store. LOL

Funny that the same people come charging in here, OH well this confirms what I want to hear, so it must be true, CONFIRMED!!!....

Lafiel said:
SweetTalia said:
So one store does not have alot of people in it and it smells bad news?

Is every store selling xbox one in china supposed to be packed? O_o

have you read the text? he hardly found any evidence of the device being launched, although he went through all the main shopping districts/malls in Beijing

Yea and did this one store represent all of China or even better, what if this guy just made it all up? Point being you have no clue. Yet just like everyone on this thread, they jump in to trash XBOX as fast as they can. Lets wait for Vgchartz numbers. seems they actually collect data a lot better then going to the local mall and asking a few people hows it going. LOl

It's constant threads like these that pushed many users away from this site.

Welcome to console manufacturer hell. A country full of PC master race and mobile casuals.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.