By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Vena said:

Leadified said:

SoM: 4 ~ 59%, 1 ~ 41%, total < 350 k 

That's.... low. Deserves much better sales and I hope it has longer legs that standard fare or that the PC version pulls it up a lot higher. The budget is probably going to need at least a million to be justified/recouped.

Europe sales + Steam sales and some legs will push it over one million I think, the game does deserve a lot more though.

Around the Network
Leadified said:

Europe sales + Steam sales and some legs will push it over one million I think, the game does deserve a lot more though.

I feel like it might run into a wall come October with many new releases hitting, but we'll see. I hope the PC is hiding a good bit of sales.

ZELUDA < 170k
FZ2 ~ 120k
TFFCC < 25k
Goodbye < 12k

FZ2 = TOTAL, not kidding. (360+XB1)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
ZELUDA < 170k
FZ2 ~ 120k
TFFCC < 25k
Goodbye < 12k

What is FZ 2? It cant be FH2.

Unless VGC is overtracking it by more than 100%.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

The PS4 is killing everything alright but let's not get this hype rushed into our heads too soon ...

Around the Network
Aerys said:
GribbleGrunger said:
ZELUDA < 170k
FZ2 ~ 120k
TFFCC < 25k
Goodbye < 12k

What is FZ 2?

Forza Horizon 2. That's the combined figure.  The end of the franchise me thinks.

The PS5 Exists. 

eFKac said:
Mummelmann said:
celador said:
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/xbox-one-vs-ps4-microsoft-corporation-beats-sony-in-september-cm402117

Nasdaq practically reporting Pachter's prediction as true

If it did turn out that the One was on top for September; maybe the "undertracked!!!" crowd would settle down a little bit for a while. I wouldn't mind, actually.

Oops, more fuel for the "undertracked!!!" crowd.

Your prediction of Xbone being on top in the US seems more and more unlikely with each passing month.

Indeed, the multiplats seem to have a much stronger effect for the PS4 than the One, but the difference is a lot smaller in the US and we're only a year or so into the competition. I still think the One has a shot if MS play their cards right. Let's not forget the many turnarounds and comebacks of the 7th gen; the market does not exist in a solid state, it is very much a fluid one.

Do we have the Xbox numbers for September yet? Soooo many pages to go through...

Anyway; Pachter seems to have been way off, a lot more than usual, this is downright shameful for him.

Mummelmann said:

Indeed, the multiplats seem to have a much stronger effect for the PS4 than the One, but the difference is a lot smaller in the US and we're only a year or so into the competition. I still think the One has a shot if MS play their cards right. Let's not forget the many turnarounds and comebacks of the 7th gen; the market does not exist in a solid state, it is very much a fluid one.

Do we have the Xbox numbers for September yet? Soooo many pages to go through...

Anyway; Pachter seems to have been way off, a lot more than usual, this is downright shameful for him.

284K for XB1, I believe.

25k for Theatrhythm. Disgraceful.

Mummelmann said:
eFKac said:
Mummelmann said:
celador said:
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/xbox-one-vs-ps4-microsoft-corporation-beats-sony-in-september-cm402117

Nasdaq practically reporting Pachter's prediction as true

If it did turn out that the One was on top for September; maybe the "undertracked!!!" crowd would settle down a little bit for a while. I wouldn't mind, actually.

Oops, more fuel for the "undertracked!!!" crowd.

Your prediction of Xbone being on top in the US seems more and more unlikely with each passing month.

284k X1

534k PS4

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m