By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

wary-wallaroo said:

Agreed, Supply will be the only thing holding them back this year. 

Sony will be better prepared this year. They'll know exactly where to put those consoles to maximise sell-through, plus they've probably upped production.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

If ps4 really is at 12 million as gaf estimates then the ps4 will have sold more units so far this calendar year than the wii u has ltd.

Arkaign said:
mornelithe said:
Just posted by Shinobi:

lol this Generation Microsoft desperately wishes was Gen7 I think.

I can see the MCC and this Gears collection selling REALLY well to the core Xbox fanbase, but not moving huge numbers of people over otherwise. MCC will be the ultimate test. If they can't win November, then Gears collection has no chance on earth to do much for them (other than some tasty game sales and fill some blanks in the lineup).

The trouble (IMO) is  XB1 is not gaining many users that it didn't have on XB360 so for these remakes we can't use the "New users who haven't played it will buy it for the 1st time" argument, whereas for remakes on PS4 there are certainly more people that have switched sides and haven't played them before.

My 8th gen collection

cheshirescat said:
If ps4 really is at 12 million as gaf estimates then the ps4 will have sold more units so far this calendar year than the wii u has ltd.

Seeing how undertracked is PS4 in the most reliable country from VGC, cant imagine by how much everywhere else is undertracked...IF sony doesnt give official numbers soon, it will probably be undertracked by 2M ( not joking, huge sales means huge undertracking )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

cheshirescat said:

You mean Wii? or do you mean WiiU's lifetime?

Around the Network

Originally Posted by creamsugar

Sorry for being away for awhile.

D without bundle:
1 ~ 35%
4 ~ 32%
360 ~ 23%
3 ~1 0%

Total: > 2.5M

PS4 bundle ~ 300k

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Sorry for being away for awhile.

D without bundle:
1 ~ 35%
4 ~ 32%
360 ~ 23%
3 ~1 0%

Total: > 2.5M

PS4 bundle ~ 300k

assuming total ~= 250k:

Xone = ~875k

PS4 = ~ 800k + 300k bundle

360 =~ 575k

PS3 =~ 250k

At long last, this picture has a use!

Amazon rankings have been a good indicator then.

PS4 & PS4 Destiny bundle were both ranked higher than the highest XB1 sku in September. Plus they still are in October.

My 8th gen collection

GribbleGrunger said:

Do we have Forza numbers yet?