By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Any Xbox PR yet?

Around the Network
Boutros said:
190k for Hyrule Warriors is including digital sales though. So everything below HW sold even less than that.

Heyyyyyy Boutros

Kyuu said:
Poor Pachter.. Folks wont take him seriously enough to even bother spelling his name right..

I always use the portmanteau mnemonic of "Pachyderm The Terrible".  It's my little nickname for Micheal.

celador said:
Any Xbox PR yet?

Nope, looks like there might be nothing positive for the Xbox brand for September, excluding XB1 Destiny > PS4 Destiny (excluding PS4 bundure).

Arkaign said:
Wow

Madden Xbox One lost to PS3 (and was last place of the 4 releases).

Its also the official console of the NFL.... Thats $500M well spent MS.

Around the Network

Still no MS PR? Come on guys, you must of had a good month too.

celador said:
Any Xbox PR yet?

The fact that they haven't come up with anything at all yet spells real trouble.

The best thing likely they can point to is the best standalone retail sales for Destiny software, but that's not really a story they probably want people looking at too closely (as it's confirmed Destiny PS4 Bundle + Destiny PS4 standalone > X1 Destiny).

Maybe they'll have something to say about the "continued strong sales of Xbox One, showing growth from August"? I'd put money on that, since it's factually true in all probability, but not nearly enough to counter the PS4 bulge.

Gap is indisputably well over 1M in the US now heading into the holidays.

poklane said:
celador said:
Any Xbox PR yet?

Nope, looks like there might be nothing positive for the Xbox brand for September, excluding XB1 Destiny > PS4 Destiny (excluding PS4 bundure).

But their figures must be up given the five week month and the new games releasing.  Even if they released a statement saying sales were up 50% that would be good enough

celador said:
Any Xbox PR yet?

Yes, this was their responce during a conferance call.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

tbone51 said:
Boutros said:
190k for Hyrule Warriors is including digital sales though. So everything below HW sold even less than that.

Heyyyyyy Boutros

90,001 digital sales confirmed.